How do you use the integrated graphics interface of a SIMATIC IPC together with another graphics card?
In addition to the integrated graphics interface on the mainboard, a SIMATIC IPC has another graphics card of the type "NVIDIA NVS 315". However, the integrated graphics interface does not work together with the graphics card.
- Microsoft operating systems like Microsoft Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB 2015
- SIMATIC Rack PCs with separate graphics card
If you want to use both graphics interfaces at the same time, then you should check the following points.
Make sure that the integrated graphics interface remains switched on despite the additional graphics card. For this, in the BIOS Setup, in the menu "Advanced -> Graphics Configuration -> Internal Graphics" you set the setting to "Enabled".
Define which graphics interface is to be used during the system start.
For the multi-monitoring mode, in the BIOS Setup, in the menu "Advanced -> Graphics Configuration -> Primary Display", you set the setting to "Auto".
If only one monitor is connected, for the initial commissioning, in the BIOS Setup, in the menu "Advanced -> Graphics Configuration -> Primary Display", you set the setting to "Internal".
This ensures that the integrated graphics card is used for graphics output at system start.
Save the setting in the BIOS Setup and start the operating system of the IPC.
Install the NVIDIA graphics driver version V369.45 or higher for the graphics card "NVIDIA NVS 315".
- More details on the BIOS settings are available in the BIOS manual of your SIMATIC IPC. This is located on the documentation and driver DVD included in the delivery package of your SIMATIC IPC.
- The NVIDIA graphics driver is also on the documentation and driver DVD.
- After a BIOS update, in the menu "Advanced -> Graphics Configuration -> Primary Display" you should set the setting to "Auto".
Extended desktop, Multiscreen, Display, Graphic Device, DVI-D, Multi-monitoring, DualHead, DisplayPort, Black screen, Rack PC