How do you load the project data if the version of the firmware installed in the S7-1500 CPU cannot be selected in the hardware catalog of your version of STEP 7 (TIA Portal)?
A specific version of STEP 7 (TIA Portal) is required to configure a firmware version in the device configuration. For example, to configure the firmware version V2.8 for the S7-1500 CPU you need STEP 7 Professional V16 (or higher). The following table gives you an overview of the version of STEP 7 Professional you need to be able to configure the desired firmware version.
|Firmware of the S7-1500 CPU||Version of STEP 7 Professional (or higher)|
You can also load the project data into a S7-1500 CPU if the firmware version of that CPU is not available in the hardware catalog of STEP 7 (TIA Portal).
If an error message appears during loading, compile the device configuration completely and load the project data into the CPU again. Proceed as follows:
- In the Project tree you right-click the PLC station.
- In the pop-up menu you select "Compile > Hardware (rebuild all)".
- After successful compilation right-click the PLC station again.
- Select "Download to device > Hardware configuration" from the pop-up menu and download the device configuration into the CPU.
If the download is still not possible, reset the CPU to the factory settings. Also delete the memory card.
The configured firmware version and the firmware on the CPU do not have to be identical. Configurations with earlier versions of STEP 7 (TIA Portal) that did not yet have a certain firmware status in the catalog can be used in an upward compatible manner.
You had configured the firmware V2.6.1 in the device configuration for the S7-1500 CPU. However, the last firmware update of your CPU is V2.8.1. But you can commission the CPU with firmware version V2.8.1 with the configured firmware version V2.6.1.
- When downloading the project data into the CPU a warning indicates the differences between the CPU (with firmware V2.6.1) configured in the device configuration and the CPU actually in the rack (with firmware V2.8.1). Ignore this warning.
- The corrections and improvements of firmware V2.8.1 are implemented and do not require a new configuration with firmware version V2.6.1.
- However, if you want to use the new functions of the S7-1500 CPU added since firmware version V2.8.1, you have to use STEP 7 (TIA Portal) V16 and configure a CPU with firmware V2.8.1.
More information is available via the links in the following table:
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry