Delivery release of TIA Portal V14 SP1
Your gateway to automation in the Digital Enterprise
TIA Portal V14 SP1 offers a large variety of new functions for existing products
- SIMATIC STEP 7 V14 SP1109745984
- SIMATIC STEP 7 Safety V14 SP1 109746194
- SIMATIC WinCC V14 SP1 109745460
- SINAMICS Startdrive V14 SP1 109746259
- SIMOTION SCOUT TIA V5.1 109749349
- SIMOCODE ES V14 SP1109745880
Soft Starter ES V14 SP1 109745881
An overview of the new functions is available here: TIA Portal V14 SP1 new functions (4,8 MB)
When installing the various TIA Portal products and options, ensure that you use the same versions of service packs for the installation. For example, if you have installed SP1 for STEP 7 V14, you must also install SP1 for WinCC V14. Service packs must be installed at the same time for all products. Do not start the TIA Portal until you have upgraded all products.
Please note that not all TIA Portal V14 SP1 products are available concurrently.
Overview of options in V14
TIA Portal V14 options
TIA Portal Multiuser Engineering
TIA Portal Multiuser Engineering enables multiple users to simultaneously work together on a project. As a result, configuration times are significantly reduced and projects can be commissioned quicker.
TIA Portal Teamcenter Gateway
The Teamcenter Gateway enables you to save and manage TIA Portal projects and global libraries in Teamcenter. Operator control is integrated in the TIA Portal.
TIA Portal Cloud Connector
The TIA Portal Cloud Connector provides access to local PC interfaces and connected SIMATIC hardware in the TIA Portal Engineering while the engineering itself is performed via Remote Desktop in a private cloud.
The following functions are now available with TIA Portal Cloud Connector V1.1:
- Use accross domain boundaries possible
TIA Portal Openness
You can use the API interface of WinCC and STEP 7 in the TIA Portal to integrate the TIA Portal in your development environment and automate your engineering tasks. Write your own applications with external development environments, for example, a code generator for HMI screens and PLC blocks. These functions are activated by installing the "TIA Portal Openness" add-on package. It is available on the product DVD in the folder Support/Siemens_TIA_Openness_V14_SP1.exe
The following functions are now available with TIA Portal Openness V14 SP1:
- Creating and editing the hardware configuration
- Creating technological objects (TO)
- Enabler files are no longer needed for importing XML sources. Usage files for handling blocks imported from XML sources are also no longer needed
- Import and export of portions of the hardware configuration and symbols in AutomationML files for ECAD coupling.
SIMATIC Energy Suite
As an integrated option for the TIA Portal, SIMATIC Energy Suite directly links energy management and automation for the first time and thereby creates energy transparency in production. In addition, simplified configuring of energy-measuring components significantly reduces the configuration work. see also
The following functions are now available with SIMATIC Energy Suite V14 SP1:
- Expansion of automatic PLC program generation to include additional energy data (i.a. currents, voltages, frequency)
- Automatic exports (e.g. start of export of last week's energy data every Monday at 00:15 AM)
- Program generator: Detailed display of generation progress and messages following configuration errors
SIMATIC PLCSIM Advanced
SIMATIC PLCSIM Advanced enables you to create virtual controllers for simulating S7-1500 and ET 200SP controllers and to use the virtual controllers for comprehensive function simulation.
The following functions are now available with SIMATIC PLCSIM Advanced V1.0 SP1 (planned for April 2017):
- A trial version (21 days) is available
SIMATIC ODK 1500S
ODK 1500S enables development of function libraries with high-level languages C/C++ for SIMATIC S7-1500 PLCs that support ODK. These function libraries can be loaded and executed directly from the user program.
SIMATIC Target 1500S™ for Simulink®
Target 1500S is an add-on for Simulink from MathWorks. It enables the
integration of Simulink models directly in the program cycle of an S7-1500 PLC that supports ODK.
SIMATIC Visualization Architect
SIMATIC Visualization Architect (SiVArc) enables easy, fast, and flexible automated creation of HMI contents based on the STEP 7 user program.
The following functions are now available with SIMATIC Visualization Architect V14 SP1:
- Support of technology objects
The ProDiag and OPC UA S7-1500 products are already integrated in existing STEP 7 and WinCC products and must be licensed only when used on real hardware. Unlike the engineering options, the runtime options are version-neutral.
Selective and easy to configure machine and plant diagnostics for SIMATIC S7-1500 and SIMATIC HMI.
SIMATIC OPC UA S7-1500
The OPC UA S7-1500 option enables easy connection of any third-party devices to the S7-1500 via the OPC UA server integrated in the S7-1500 CPU.
SIMATIC Energy Suite S7-1500
The SIMATIC Energy Suite Engineering comes with 10 energy objects. Additional energy objects can be added with runtime packages.
WinCC/WebUX for WinCC Professional enables monitoring and, if necessary, controlling of plant processes over the Internet or intranet using mobile terminals. The software provides a visualization solution that is suitable for HTML5 and SVG-capable browsers regardless of the operating system – without any engineering work. See also
The products with article numbers (order numbers) are listed in the attached file.
Trial software download
You can find trial versions for downloading and testing of the several TIA Portal products in the following entries:
- STEP 7 V14 SP1 109745153
- WinCC V14 SP1 109746074
- STEP 7 Safety V14 SP1 109746195
- Startdrive V14 SP1 68034568
- SIMATIC Energy Suite V14 SP1 109746316
- SIMATIC Visualization Architect V14 SP1 109746287
- SIMOTION SCOUT TIA V5.1 109749385
- SIMOCODE ES V14 SP1 109745869
- Soft Starter ES V14 SP1 109745870
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry