How do you configure the CP 343-1 as PROFINET I-device in STEP 7 (TIA Portal)?
Proceed following the instructions below to configure the CP 343-1 as I-device in STEP 7 (TIA Portal):
- Mark the CP 343-1 in the Network view or Device view. The properties of the CP 343-1 are displayed in the inspector window.
- In the "General" tab under "PROFINET interface [X1] > Operating Mode" you enable the operating mode "IO device".
- In the "General" tab under "PROFINET interface [X1] > Operating mode > I-device communication" you define the transfer areas and click the "Export" button. The "Export generic station description file (GSD)" dialog opens.
In Fig. 2, considering the later PROFINET controller, 32 bytes of input data and 22 bytes of output data have been created.
- Click the "Export" button to export the generic station description file (GSD) of the CP 343-1.
- Select the menu "Tools > Manage general station description files (GSD)". The "Manage general station description files" dialog opens.
- Select the source path where the GSD of the CP 343-1 is stored. The GSD of the CP 343-1 is displayed under "Content of imported path". Select the GSD of the CP 343-1 and click the "Install" button.
Now you can use the GSD in each project. In STEP 7 (TIA Portal) you will find the installed GSD of the CP 343-1 in the Hardware Catalog under "Other field devices > PLCs & CPs > SIEMENS AG".
- Via the GSD you incorporate the CP 343-1 into the PROFINET IO system of the IO controller.
- For data exchange in the user program of the S7-300 CPU you call the PNIO_SEND and PNIO_RECV instructions. The instructions are located in STEP 7 (TIA Portal) in "Instructions" task card under "Communication > Communications processor > SIMATIC NET CP > PROFINET IO".