USB Recovery (Reset to factory) Mode for 2nd Generation Basic Panels
This software has been released for the following devices:
- KTP400 Basic
- KTP700 Basic / KTP700 Basic DP
- KTP900 Basic
- KTP1200 Basic / KTP1200 Basic DP
How to do a reset to factory settings for your Basic Panel 2nd Generation
- The USB stick must be provided in the FAT32 format.
- The HMI device image file must be provided at least with Version V14.
- Unpack the file "Basic2nd_Recovery_System.zip" directly on the USB Stick into the main directory.
- Copy the suitable HMI device image file into the path "SIMATIC.HMI\Recovery\" on the USB stick (file type "*.fwf").
Note: You can find the HMI device image file under
"Programs\Siemens\Automation\Portal V<TIA Version>\Data\Hmi\Transfer\<TIA Version>\Images".
- Shut down the HMI device.
- Plug the USB stick into the USB interface of the HMI device
- Switch on the HMI device.
- To reset the HMI device to the factory settings, press the button "START RECOVERY (..3..)" three times and follow the instructions shown on the display. At the end of the recovery process, remove the USB stick and press the "REBOOT" button.
Basic2nd Recovery Stick
| Basic2nd_Recovery_System.zip (24,6 MB)|
Open Source software components
RescueStick_Readme_OpenSrcSW.zip (559.6 MB)
How you can determine the SHA-256 checksum of a file is described in the article with the entry ID 109483101
Search Item : USB Rescue Stick , USB Recovery Mode