How do you create a GSDML file for a communications processor in STEP 7 (TIA Portal)?
The instructions below are for creating a GSDML file for the CP1616.
- In your STEP 7 (TIA Portal) you open the device configuration and switch to the Network view.
- In the hardware catalog you navigate to "PC Systems > Communications modules > PROFINET/Ethernet >CP1616".
- Mark the communications module with article number 6GK1161-6AA02. With STEP 7 (TIA Portal) V14 and higher you can select the firmware V2.7.
- Drag-and-drop the CP1616 with article number 6GK1161-6AA02 and firmware V2.7 to the graphical area of the Network view.
- In the graphical area of the Network view you right-click the CP1616 and in the pop-up menu you select the "Properties" item.
- In the area navigation you open the "PROFINET interface [X1] > Operating Mode" dialog and enable the "IO device" option.
- Then open the "PROFINET interface [X1] > Operating mode > I-device communication" dialog and define the transfer area.
- In the area navigation you open the "General > Catalog information" and enable the "Enable customization" option". Here you have can assign customer-specific designations.
- Save and compile the configuration. During compilation you right-click the CP1616 and in the pop-up menu you select "Compile > Hardware (rebuild all)".
- Switch again to the "PROFINET interface [X1] > Operating mode > I-device communication" dialog and the "Export" button.
- In the next dialog you select the path to where you want to store the GSDML file and click the "Export" button.
- The generated GSDML file "GSDML-V2.32-#Siemens-PreConf_CP 1616_1-20170216-134339.xml" is located in your selected directory.
More information is available here: Sample GSDML file for CP 1616 / CP 1604
The screens in this FAQ response were created with STEP 7 (TIA Portal) V14.