Delivery release for STEP 7 Safety Basic / Advanced V14 SP1
The TIA Portal add-on package SIMATIC STEP 7 Safety Basic / Advanced convinces with numerous new engineering features and supports the extended portfolio of S7-1500F and S7-1200F.
- STEP 7 Safety Basic V14 SP1 is the add-on package for parameter assignment and programming of the fail-safe S7-1200.
- STEP 7 Safety Advanced V14 SP1 is the add-on package for all fail-safe TIA SIMATIC controller classes (S7-1500, S7-1200, S7-1500 Software Controller, S7-300, S7-400, WinAC).
You can find additional information on the delivery releases for the TIA Portal software in the following entry:
- TIA Portal V14 SP1 (109744304)
- Microsoft Windows 10 Support
- Station upload
The consistent hardware and software upload allows for downloading project data (including safety-related project data) from a fail-safe S7-1500 CPU*) to a programming device/PC. The project data are loaded without any additional generation steps and are consistently available in the TIA Portal for further processing.
*) Hardware CPU as of firmware version V2.1
- Configuration control
With Safety V14 SP1, configuration control (option handling) for SIMATIC F-I/O is supported in the following configurations:
- Distributed on a F-CPU S7-300/400/1200/1500
- Central on a F-CPU S7-1500 (including fail-safe ET200SP CPUs)
- Project-spanning IO controller / I-device communication
Safety V14 SP1 allows for the communication of fail-safe S7-1200/1500/1500 software controllers to S7-300/400/1200/1500 I-devices across projects. The I-device project can be created with STEP7 Safety V13 (or higher) or with S7 Distributed Safety V5.4, exported as GSD file, and imported into the IO controller project.
- Global F-IO status block (S7-1200 / S7-1500)
Fail-safe F-I/Os offer wide-ranging status information on the channel and module status based on QBAD variables and the value status bits.
To detect and further process a possible channel, communication or F-I/O error centrally even in large scale automation systems, you have the option to create a standard FB for each F-runtime group in the Safety Administration editor. The value status bits and the QBAD variables of the F-I/O used in the respective F-runtime group are evaluated in the created standard FB, and the result of the evaluation is made available at the "QSTATUS" output. You can use the standard FB in the standard program.
Openness support for a host of fail-safe hardware and software functions
Support for new fail-safe CPUs
Fail-safe technology CPUs S7-1511TF-1 PN, S7-1515TF-2 PN
- Achievable safety class SIL3 (Safety Integrity Level) according to IEC 61508:2010 / PL e (Performance Level) according to ISO 13849-1:2015
Additional highlights of SIMATIC STEP 7 Safety V14 can be found under the following entry ID: 109740272
Further use of investment
Projects as from STEP 7 Safety V13 SP1 can be directly upgraded to STEP 7 Safety V14 SP1.
The upgrade of projects from previous versions of TIA Safety versions (V11 to V13) is performed based on STEP7 Safety Advanced V13 SP1 or V13 SP2 (most recent update recommended).
In order to support you the best way possible, the add-on package Safety V13 SP2 is enclosed for the STEP 7 Safety V14 SP 1 products listed under "Ordering data".
It is not possible to access older project versions with TIA Portal V14 or V14 SP1. A compatibility mode is not supported. Therefore, we recommend the installation of TIA Portal V13 SP1 or V13 SP2 parallel to V14 SP1. The license purchased for V14 is also valid for all older TIA Portal versions.
S7 Distributed Safety V5.4 SP5 projects can be migrated to STEP 7 Safety Advanced V14 SP1 by migrating the program code and hardware configuration.
System requirements and compatibility with other SIMATIC products
- STEP7 Safety Advanced V14 SP1 requires STEP 7 Professional V14 SP1 (109745984)
- STEP 7 Safety Basic V14 SP1 requires at least STEP 7 Basic V14 SP1 (109745984)
Supported operating systems and hardware requirements can be examined with STEP 7 Professional V14 SP1. The same compatibility with other SIMATIC products applies as to STEP 7 Basic / Professional V14 SP1.
Software Update Service (SUS)
SUS S7 Distributed Safety and Safety Basic/Advanced:
- Upon delivery release of STEP 7 Safety Advanced V14 SP1, customers who have signed a Software Update Service agreement for S7 Distributed Safety or Safety Advanced will receive STEP 7 Safety Advanced V14 SP1 and STEP 7 Safety Advanced V13 SP2 as part of their agreement.
- Upon delivery release of STEP 7 Safety Basic V14 SP1, customers who have signed a Software Update Service agreement for Safety Basic will receive STEP 7 Safety Basic V14 SP1 and STEP 7 Safety Basic V13 SP2 as part of their agreement.
Delivery is performed automatically.
You can find additional information about the Software Update Service here.
Software download (service pack Including trial)
You can download the service packs (including the 21-day trial version) for SIMATIC STEP 7 Safety Basic / Advanced under the following entry IDs:
The included Readme file provides additional information on STEP7 Safety Advanced V14 SP1. You can view this file in the portable document format (.pdf).
Online Support - Technical information on the TIA Portal, entry ID: 65601780
Programming Guideline for S7-1200 / S7-1500: Entry ID: 67582299
Comparison list for programming languages: Entry ID: 86630375
STEP 7 Safety Advanced V14SP1**
STEP 7 Safety Advanced V14 SP1**
SUS STEP 7 Safety Advanced - Standard*
SUS STEP 7 Safety Advanced - Compact
SUS STEP 7 Safety Advanced -Download
STEP7 Safety Basic V14 SP1**
STEP7 Safety Basic V14 SP1**
SUS STEP 7 Safety Basic – Standard*
SUS STEP 7 Safety Basic - Compact
SUS STEP 7 Safety Basic - Download
Delivered ex Nuremberg Logistics Center
* You can find additional information about the Software Update Service here.
** This product also includes the V13 SP2 software version. The included license key for V14 SP1 can also be used for V13, V12 and V11.