What should you watch out for when loading the program of a CPU S7-1500 SIPLUS online to a SIMATIC memory card?
If you load a configured S7-1500 SIPLUS-CPU (6AG1*) onto a formatted SIMATIC memory card and then put that CPU into "RUN" mode, the CPU initially runs error-free.
After switching the power off and on again or after a memory reset (MRES), the CPU S7-1500 SIPLUS might go into STOP mode with the following error message.
"Memory card evaluation error: Memory card not accepted or cannot be mounted - Function finished/aborted, new startup inhibit set:
- Memory card is missing, of wrong type, has incorrect content or is write-protected"
This behavior does not occur if a configuration with an S7-1500 Standard-CPU (6ES7*) of the same type is first loaded on the SIMATIC memory card and then this is replaced by a configuration with a SIPLUS CPU (6AG1*) of the same type. Follow the procedure below in the given order to avoid a TIA Portal error message.
- Slot the formatted memory card of sufficient size in the CPU S7-1500 SIPLUS.
- Add a CPU S7-1500 Standard (6ES7*) of the same type to your STEP 7 (TIA Portal) configuration.
- Load the configuration with the configured Standard CPU into the CPU S7-1500 SIPLUS. The IO does not need to be available at this point in time.
- In the STEP 7 (TIA Portal) you replace the Standard CPU with a S7-1500 SIPLUS CPU(6AG1*) of the same type and complete the configuration with the necessary IO modules and distributed IO devices.
- Load the changed configuration into the CPU S7-1500 SIPLUS.
This procedure only works with online loading to the CPU. If the SIMATIC memory card is programmed via an external card reader, the behavior persists.
Note on the firmware version
The behavior described above is cleared with firmware version V2.5 or higher of the CPU S7-1500.