How do you configure a SIPLUS extreme component with the TIA Portal?
Most of the SIPLUS extreme modules are already available as separate components in the TIA Portal Hardware Catalog. Furthermore, new modules are being constantly added to the Hardware Catalog.
Please note that mixed configurations are not possible. This means that it is not possible to do a configuration with both SIPLUS extreme component and SIMATIC standard components.
You have the following two options for configuring the SIPLUS extreme components.
- With the SIPLUS extreme component (6AG1*)
- With the SIMATIC standard component (6ES7*)
There are the following advantages and disadvantages involved.
1. SIPLUS extreme hardware configuration with SIPLUS components
Fig. 1 shows an excerpt from the TIA Portal Hardware Catalog with some SIPLUS extreme components.
Fig. 2 shows a configured SIPLUS extreme controller (CPU 1516-3 PN/DP SIPLUS).
- Installation guidelines (restriction through heat sink, for example) are observed.
- Uniform documentation
Real hardware configuration corresponds to the configuration in the TIA Portal.
- If there is already a standard configuration, a new configuration is required.
2. SIPLUS extreme hardware configuration with SIMATIC standard components
Fig. 3 shows a configured SIMATIC standard controller (CPU 1516-3 PN/DP).
For the configuration you used the SIMATIC standard components with article number (6ES7*), on which the SIPLUS component is based. The article number is on the SIPLUS component (for example, based on 6ES7...) or via the recoding tool. This tool helps you identify the corresponding article number. You can reach the recoding tool via the link at the end of the entry under "Further Information".
- Utilization of available standard configuration -> no need for a new configuration.
- Easy hardware replacement.Disadvantages
- No information about the use of SIPLUS components for Online Diagnostics.
- No information about non-permissible configurations / installation guidelines
- No clear documentation.
- Real hardware configuration does not correspond to the configuration in the TIA Portal.
- SIPLUS extreme components that are not yet available for selection as separate components in the TIA Portal Hardware Catalog can only be configured with the SIMATIC standard components.
- The identification data in the controller (article number, for example) is independent of the type of configuration. In this way the article number that is shown under "Online&Diagnostics" is always only the standard SIMATIC article number (Fig. 4).
you will find in the TIA Portal information system, under