SINAMICS Technology Extension: Delivery release of the new version V1.3 of OALINK (Open Application Link)
Brief description of the product
The SINAMICS Technology Extension OALINK (Open Application Link), part of the Advanced Technology Functions, is an expansion for the SINAMICS Control Unit CU320-2. The OALINK enables bidirectional communication between two SINAMICS Control Units based on DRIVE-CLiQ to facilitate the simple exchange of data. In this way, an additional SINAMICS Control Unit can be integrated as a technology extension for extensive drive-based technology with SINAMICS Drive Control Chart (DCC).
- Simple data exchange between two SINAMICS Control Units through point-to-point connection.
- Technology extension with extensive user data transfer of maximum 120 words (maximum 240 bytes) by means of an additional SINAMICS Control Unit.
- Use of the already available DRIVE-CLiQ interfaces on the SINAMICS Control Unit.
For example, the following applications can be implemented with OALINK:
- Technology extension for the SINAMICS S120 (CU320-2 as replacement for the SIMATIC T400 technology module).
- Technology extension for the SINAMICS DCM (CU320-2 as replacement for the SIMATIC T400 technology module), see entry ID:103471886.
- Load distribution of physically coupled drives (master/slave drive).
- General couplings between SINAMICS DCM and SINAMICS S120.
- General couplings between SINAMICS DCP and SINAMICS S120.
- General couplings between SINAMICS DCM and SINAMICS MV devices.
Product properties and technical details
The OALINK enables bidirectional communication between two SINAMICS Control Units based on DRIVE-CLiQ. A maximum of two OALINK communications can be used simultaneously per SINAMICS Control Unit. Each OALINK communication is a point-to-point connection and can transfer maximum 120 words (maximum 240 bytes).
Application example of OALINK
Because of the simple data exchange of OALINK, there is no synchronization of the two SINAMICS Control Units via DRIVE-CLiQ. If a synchronization of the cyclic data exchange between the SINAMICS Control Units is required, this must be performed externally via an isochronous PROFIBUS/PROFINET.
The data to be transferred can be interconnected via BICO technology within the drive unit. Four binector-connector converters and four connector-binector converters can be freely used for each connection.
The DRIVE-CLiQ sockets for the connection with OALINK can be freely selected on the SINAMICS Control Unit. The minimum cycle time for the data exchange is 1 ms.
Alternatively, the SINAMICS Link is available for the communication between two SINAMICS Control Units when there is less data to be transferred.
Please note the delimitations with regard to the two options when selecting the transfer solution.
A detailed description can be found in the following Function Manual:
Preconditions / dependencies
The Technology Extension OALINK V1.3 can be subsequently used for the following devices:
- As from Firmware V4.6 with CU320-2 on SINAMICS G130, G150, S120, S150 and MV,
- as from Firmware V1.4 HF2 with CUD on SINAMICS DCM
- as from Firmware V1.1 with CUD on SINAMICS DCP
The OALINK must be activated on both SINAMICS Control Units and is parameterized separately on each Control Unit.
The OALINK must be licensed for the SINAMICS CU320-2. The Runtime license for the CompactFlash Card can be ordered via article number 6SL3077-0AA01-0AB0 or as option U04 . The license does not depend on the OALINK version.
The current OALINK version V1.3 is available for download at 109477831.
Expansion for the previous version V1.2:
- Improved commissioning of OALINK with SINAMICS MV
Supplementary conditions and functional restrictions
The supplementary conditions and functional restrictions of SINAMICS OALINK are described in the Readme.rtf. The list of secondary conditions for OALINK V1.3 is included in 109477831.
The Runtime license for the CompactFlash Card for licensing of the OALINK Technology Extension can be ordered via the article number 6SL3077-0AA01-0AB0 or as option U04 . The license does not depend on the OALINK version.