Function Overview of PROFINET Devices in SIMATIC PCS 7
SIMATIC PCS 7 V9.0 and a wide range of hardware and software innovations has significantly extended the functionality of PROFINET in PCS 7. To be able to exploit these innovations to the full, it is advisable to use CPU 410 with firmware V8.2 or above and PCS 7 from V9.0. Only this combination makes all PROFINET functions available.
The following functions are contained in the overview:
- PA ready
- Simple system connection S1
- Simple S2 system redundancy
- Redundant PROFINET R1 configuration
- Media redundancy MRP
- Configuration in Run
- High-precision time stamping SoE
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol LLDP
Please pay attention to the information in the following manuals:
- "SIMATIC Process Control System PCS 7 Approved Modules" 109754965
The tables that it contains list the PROFINET components that are approved for PCS 7 in column "F" (functions) marked with a "P" (the component has been approved for PROFINET).
- „ST PCS 7 AO – Add-ons for the SIMATIC PCS 7 Process Control System" 109745636
Which controllers can be used?
You can find an overview of which controllers you can use to set up a PROFINET fieldbus in PCS 7 in the following entry: 82948099
You can find an overview of all of the relevant information for implementing PROFINET solutions in SIMATIC PCS 7 in the following entry: 72887082