Testing and simulating HMI projects (TIA Portal) in conjunction with SIMATIC controllers, PLCSIM and PLCSIM Advanced
When developing an automation system, it is often necessary to test the planned software.
For this, however, various components may be required which are not yet available during the project planning phase. Depending on the scope of the task, several HMI operator interfaces and SIMATIC controllers may be required, for example.
So that these tests can still be carried out, it is recommended to simulate the required hardware.
The application example shows:
- Simulation of one or more HMI projects
- Simulation of one or more controllers
- Installed software.
- Required licenses.
In the HMI configuration.
On the configuration PC.
On the HMI operator panel.
The following figure shows the testing of a program where the hardware is partially present. The existing hardware communicates with the hardware simulated on the Field PG.
test, runtime simulation, PLCSIM Advanced V2.0, virtual machine, VM
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry