Controlling the Safety Integrated Functions of the SINAMICS S120 with a SIMATIC S7-1500F via PROFIsafe
This application example describes how to implement the following safety functions of the plant with the Safety Integrated Functions of the SINAMICS S120 and a SIMATIC S7-1500F.
- If an emergency stop button is actuated or the safety door is opened in automatic mode, a drive is set to standstill as quickly as possible.
The "Safe Stop 1 (SS1)" Safety Integrated Function initiates the standstill on a monitored basis. The "Safe Torque Off (STO)" Safety Integrated Function is triggered after a delay time or if the speed falls below the set threshold.
- In service mode, a drive is to move at a reduced speed when the safety door is open.
The "Safely Limited Speed (SLS)" Safety Integrated Function monitors if the motor exceeds the set speed limit. Exceeding the speed limit initiates "Safe Stop 1 (SS1)".
The safety-related data between the SINAMICS S120 drive and the higher-level SIMATIC S71500F controller is exchanged via a PROFIsafe telegram.
The application example describes the following aspects:
- Configuring the SINAMICS S120 with StartDrive
- Configuring the PROFIsafe telegram
- Configuring the Safety Integrated Functions in the drive
- Creating the F-program for the Safety Integrated Functions
- Commissioning the Safety Integrated Functions
Application - Failsafe library LDrvSafe to control the Safety Integrated functions of the SINAMICS drive family