Which quantity frameworks and configuration guidelines apply for high-precision time stamping with an accuracy of 1 ms when using the ET 200SP HA and PROFINET?
For high-precision time stamping when using the ET 200SP HA and PROFINET, different configuration guidelines apply, depending on the required accuracy.
To attain the accuracy of 1 ms AS granularity the quantity frameworks and configuration guidelines for the fieldbus, that are described in this entry, must be met.
In order for high-precision time stamping with an accuracy of 1ms to be consistent and synchronized between multiple AS (plant-wide), additional requirements for the time synchronization (Bürk Mobatime DTS 4138S and TIME-NET), also described in this entry, must be met.
High-precision time stamping with an accuracy of 1 ms based on PROFINET requires the utilization of the following components:
- IO controller: CPU 410-5H with firmware V8.2 or higher
Distributed IO modules: ET 200SP HA
A CP 443-1 is needed to connect the CPU 410-5H to the plant bus.
The following quantity framework applies:
- Per CPU maximal 16 ET 200SP HA stations with high-precision time stamping
- Per ET 200SP HA maximum 32 IO modules (DI) with high-precision time stamping
- Per IO module maximum 16 channels (DI) with high-precision time stamping
- Per ET 200SP HA maximum 512 IO signals with high-precision time stamping
If signals from IO modules in IO redundancy with time stamping are captured, these signals count double.
Configuration of the PROFINET field bus
- Line configuration with a maximum of 16 ET 200SP HA stations in one line
(With standard automation systems it is possible to configure an MRP ring)
- No switches and no other network nodes
- Total line length of the PROFINET subsystem maximum 1000 m
- Only RJ45 or Fast Connect network cables, no fiber optic cables
- Only redundant PROFINET configurations R1 are supported on the high-availability automation system
- Physically separated networks with redundant PROFINET configurations R1
- No MRP rings with redundant PROFINET configurations R1
- No cables running in opposite directions with redundant PROFINET configurations R1
Time synchronization and configuration of the TIME-NET
In order for high-precision time stamping with an accuracy of 1ms to be consistent and synchronized between multiple AS (plant-wide), the following configuration guidelines apply.
The time master Bürk Mobatime DTS 4138S and the CPU 410-5H are to be connected via a separate network (TIME-NET) that is used exclusively for the time synchronization.
The product range of SICLOCK is discontinued on 30.11.2018. Further information on this, as well as on successor and alternative products can be found in the article 109760344
As time master, the Bürk Mobatime DTS 4138S transmits the time every second in the SIMATIC procedure. The time synchronization of the CPU 410-5H must run via one of the integrated PN-IO interfaces. The Bürk Mobatime DTS 4138S has two Ethernet interfaces that can be used for the time synchronization.
The following configuration options are approved for the TIME-NET:
A maximum of 12 CPUs in line may be used for the line configuration of the TIME-NET.
Star configuration of the TIME-NET
The star configuration of the TIME-NET is possible with a switch between Bürk Mobatime DTS 4138S and CPU. This means that up to 2 switches, e.g. SCALANCE XC208, each with up to 8 ports can be connected to the 2 ports of the Bürk Mobatime DTS 4138S. This results in a quantity framework with up to 14 CPUs (2 x 7).
Detailed information about high-precision time stamping is available in the manual entitled "PCS 7 High-precision Time Stamping When Using the ET 200SP HA" in Entry ID 109747238.
An overview of all the relevant information for implementing PROFINET solutions in SIMATIC PCS 7 is available in Entry ID72887082.