How do you save the service data from the CPU in a file in STEP 7 (TIA Portal) and via the web server?
DescriptionIf a problem occurs with your CPU that you cannot solve via the diagnostics buffer, you also have the option of reading out the service data of the CPU and sending this data to Customer Support. If the service data is requested in the course of a Service Request, you can save the data as follows:
- The service data for the S7-1500 is stored in STEP 7 (TIA Portal) in a Dmp file with the following naming convention:
- "<Article number> <Serial number> <Time stamp>.dmp"
- Example: 6ES7 518-4FP00-0AB0 S C-F8SF08202015 20170928 134724.dmp
- In STEP 7 V5.x you obtain two files for the S7-300/S7-400 with the endings ".txt" and "bin".
You can also change the file names. Then send the data to Technical Support.
Reading out service data in STEP 7 (TIA Portal)for the S7-1500 CPU
- To read out the service data of the S7-1500 CPU, in the project navigation you open the PLC station and double-click "Online & Diagnostics".
- Under "Online access" you click the "Online connection" button to switch to the Online view.
- Under "Functions" you open the "Save service data" dialog.
- Select the storage path for the Dmp file and click the "Save service data" button.
With the S7-1500 CPU you can also save the service data on the SIMATIC Memory Card. Further information is available in the STEP 7 (TIA Portal) manual under "Save Service Data (S7-1500)".
Reading out service data for the S7-1500 CPU via the web server
- Open the web browser and enter the following address in the address bar:
https:/ /<CPU IP address>/save_service_data
Example: https:/ /192.168.0.1/save_service_data
- Click the "Save ServiceData" button and save the service data in a path on your hard disk.
Further information about reading out service data for the S7-1500 via the web server is available in the manual under "Read out/Save Service Data".
Reading out service data in STEP 7 V5.x for the S7-300/S7-400 CPU
- In the SIMATIC Manager you select the menu command "PLC > Display Accessible Nodes".
- In the "Accessible Nodes" window you mark the node. In this example this is the station "pn-io".
- Using the menu command "PLC > Save Service Data..." you can save the service data in a directory on your hard disk.
To save the service data from the S7-300 in a file you need the firmware V2.8 or higher for your CPU.
You can also obtain the service data via the SIMATIC Automation Tool. Instructions for this are available in the manual under Downloading Service Data From CPUs.
The screens in this FAQ response were created with STEP 7 (TIA Portal) V14 and STEP 7 V5.5.