Delivery release: S7-1500 TM PTO 4. 4-channel interface module for PTO (Pulse Train Output)
In the S7-1500 / ET 200MP system, the TM PTO 4 technology module is immediately available to couple drives with PTI interface to the SIMATIC S7-1500. The module is especially suited for control by technology objects for axes.
The initial limitation to 24V outputs does no longer apply. Modules which support all the output signals described are delivered with immediate effect. 24V unbalanced, RS422 differential signals and 5V unbalanced are provided for the PTO signals.
The module enables control of stepper motor drives or servo drives with a PTI interface with all CPU types of the SIMATIC S7-1500.
It is therefore ideal for rounding off the PTO interfaces in the S7-1200 and S7-1500 compact CPU. The TM PTO 4 enables you to create applications that require a larger CPU (CPU 1513 and higher) or a T-CPU.
The number of PTO interfaces is only limited by the number of possible axes in the CPU.
The PTO/PTI coupling can be used in the following applications, for example:
- Packaging machines
- Labeling machines
- Semiconductor industry
- CD/DVD production
- Format positioning axes
- And wherever small masses are moved with precision
The setpoint position is output as a pulse signal. The entire speed range of the drive can be used by changing the pulse frequency.
The various signal types (see below) also make it possible to use it for incremental encoder emulation in order to specify a guide value or reproduce a line shaft electronically.
The module has 4 identical channels with the following properties:
PTO interface for output of position and velocity information to various interfaces:
- 24 V unbalanced up to 200 kHz
- RS422 balanced (5V differential signal) up to 1 MHz
- TTL (5 V) unbalanced up to 200 kHz
You can select the signal type as
- Pulse/direction: The pulse signal sets the velocity and distance, the direction signal determines the direction
- Count up, count down: A signal outputs the pulses in the forward direction, the other signal indicates the pulses in the backward direction.
- Incremental encoders A/B phase-shifted: Two tracks are output with signals phase-shifted by 90°. The signal sequence is used to determine the direction, distance and the velocity. It can be specified whether a full period is to represent 1 increment or whether all 4 edge changes are to be counted.
The output pulses are counted within the module and reported as the current actual position to the CPU.
Additional functions are available for controlling an axis, depending on the configuration. When using the 24 V signal interface, only 3 terminals are available for the 4 following functions. Every combination of the functions can be selected.
- Digital output for output of the enable signal for activating the drive
- Digital input as input for reading the "Drive ready" message of the connected drive
- Digital input as a reference point switch for synchronizing the axis to the mechanics
- Digital input as measuring probe input for on-the-fly measurement tasks during the motion with the measuring probe technology object
The module is particularly suitable for connection to a technology object in the SIMATIC S7-1500 and S7-1200. This provides an integrated solution for PTO functionality in the compact CPUs of the S7-1500 and S7-1200 series. The following technology objects are supported:
- Synchronous axis
- Positioning axis
- Speed-controlled axis
The TM PTO 4 enables the connection of inexpensive stepper motors and servo drive technology with PTI interface across the entire range of the S7-1500 controllers.
TM PTO 4 can be configured in STEP 7 (TIA Portal) V14 incl. SP1.
For Step 7 (TIA Portal) V14 without SP1, the Hardware Support Package HSP 181 is provided for download: 72341852
Use the GSD file to configure the TM PTO 4 in a distributed ET 200MP station on Profinet IO with STEP 7 V5.6 or in other engineering systems: 68189683
The configuration on a standard Profibus master is only possible with Step 7 (TIA Portal).
You can find the manual in entry: 109742067
|TM PTO 4|
4-channel interface module for stepper drives
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry