Release for sales and delivery for SINAMICS S120 booksize C/D type 24 A, 45 A, 60 A
Brief description of the product and its highlights
With immediate effect, the SINAMICS S120 booksize C/D type 24 A, 45 A and 60 A Motor Modules are available with double overload (C type), and the SINAMICS S120 booksize C/D type 24 A also with triple overload (D type).
The DC link rectifier adapter 6SL3162-2BM00-0AA0 for the old SINAMICS S120 booksize 45 A/60 A Motor Modules (150 mm width) does not fit the new SINAMICS S120 booksize C/D type 45 A/60 A Motor Modules (100 mm width). A matching DC link rectifier adapter is currently being developed for the new Motor Modules.
The SINAMICS S120 booksize C/D type Motor Modules 3 A to 30 A were already released in 2015, see 109480497.
The highlights of the new Motor Modules are
- Compactness/power density
- Space savings in the control cabinet thanks to reduced space requirements as a result of new frame sizes (45 A/60 A) in 100 mm instead of 150 mm design and new variants (24 A) in 50 mm design
- Additionally, the maximum power has been increased from 85 A to 90 A for the 45 A devices and from 113 A to 120 A for the 60 A devices.
- The 24 A devices are completely new on the market. These will be available as C and D types. This closes the portfolio gap between 18 A and 30 A.
- Longer service life due to an optimized design – the IGBTs are separated from the rest of the electronics
- Solid mounting plate, extremely rugged fixing lugs
- Simple fan replacement without removing the Motor Module
- Improved arrangement and accessibility of the motor plug connectors (24 A)
- The motor plug connector can be quickly and reliably assembled by customers thanks to the push-in (spring-type terminal) or screw-type terminal (24 A)
- Protective conductor (PE) integrated in the plug connector (24 A)
- Typical application fields of the SINAMICS S120 booksize C/D type Motor Modules continue to be machine tools, production machines, and general motion control applications.
- Just like the previous booksize modules, the new modules can be combined with the SIMATIC/SIMOTION/SINUMERIK controller families and the SIMOTICS motor families.
Customer benefits (focus of the chapter on customer benefits) and technical details
SINAMICS S120 booksize C/D type
The new Motor Modules are offered in a range between 18 A and 30 A in two versions, the C type and the D type. As a result, continuous current and maximum current applications can be optimally implemented.
|Article number||Designation||Overload factor||Width|
|6SL3120-1TE22-4AC0||24 A Single Motor Module C type||2|
|6SL3120-1TE22-4AD0||24 A Single Motor Module D type||3||50 mm|
|6SL3120-1TE24-5AC0||45 A Single Motor Module C type||2||100 mm|
|6SL3120-1TE26-0AC0||60 A Single Motor Module C type||2||100 mm|
|6SL3162-1AD00-0AA0||45 A, 60 A C type, shield plate||-||-|
The SINAMICS S120 booksize C/D type Motor Modules are based on the same ASICs and the same firmware as today's modules. The modules are therefore compatible.
The 45 A and 60 A Motor Modules require the latest firmware if the maximum current of 90 A or 120 A is to be utilized fully.
In any case, the 24 A Motor Modules require new firmware.
|Engineering system||Version (at least)|
V4.5 SP 1 + SSP SINAMICS V4.8 HF2 109477641
|Startdrive TIA||V15 109752254|
V4.5 SP6 and V4.7 SP5 with boundary conditions 109755198
MOTION-CONNECT power cables are available which have been coordinated with the new SINAMICS S120 booksize Motor Modules C types and which are used to connect SIMOTICS motors. They are available in cross-sections from 6 to 50 mm2, as PUR MC800PLUS, which are typically used in drag cable systems, and PVC MC500 cables, typical for fixed installation.
With MOTION-CONNECT cable assemblies, an off-the-shelf, ready-to-use product is available that has been system-tested for the SINAMICS S120.