What is the meaning of the error entries in the Application EventLog with Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB?
However, despite activation not being required, it might happen that the Microsoft operating system writes unnecessary error entries in the event log. This behavior is manufacturer-independent and can affect any PC running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB. It has no effect on the function and licensing and can be ignored. Microsoft has been informed by Siemens about this matter and requested to remove these messages.
- 1014: "Acquisition of End User License failed"
- 8198: "License acquisition failure details. hr=0x80072EE7"
- 8200: "License Activation (slui.exe) failed with the following error code..."
Procedure with internet
Establish a connection to the internet. When the system has an internet connection the activation is executed automatically.
Procedure without internet
Proceed as follows if you do not have an internet connection:
- Press the Windows key and enter "cmd" in the Windows search.
- Right-click "Input Prompt".
- Click "Execute as administrator".
- Enter "slui 4" in the input prompt and press <Enter>.
- Under "Country or Region" you select your region.
- To complete the activation you call the displayed number and follow the instructions.
- After completion of the activation close the input prompt.