Entry type: FAQ Entry ID: 109752233, Entry date: 04/25/2018
How do you create a log file for a COMOS Mobile Solution server?
If you have addressed a support request about COMOS to Support, a COMOS log file is often required for the Support Request. Here we describe how to create a COMOS log file for a COMOS Mobile Solutions server.
- Open the "Web" folder in the COMOS installation path:
- Open the "Web.config" file with a double-click.
- Change the value of "Error" to "Verbose".
With this step, detailed information is written to the log file.
- Save and close the file.
- Open the "BIN" folder with a double-click in the COMOS installation path:
- Open with a double-click the file:
- Here you change the value from "Warning" to "Verbose".
For this you can use the Windows function "Search and Replace".
Click in your editor and then press the key combination <Ctrl+H>.
Replace the word "Warning" with "Verbose".
- Save and close the file.
- Download the "DebugView" application via the link below and save it on the COMOS Web Server.
Always use the latest version of "DebugView" to create the log file.
Also you can start "DebugView" live with the latest version:
- Unpack the Zip file on the COMOS Web Server.
As administrator you start the "Dbgview.exe" application with a right-click.
- In the "DebugView" toolbar you click the item "Capture > Capture Global Win32".
- Select the "DebugView" dialog and press the key combination:
<Ctrl+L>. The "DebugView Filter" window opens.
- Reset the filters.
For this you click the "Reset" button and then "OK".
- Now log on to the COMOS Mobile Solutions server via the recommended web browser.
Refer to the supplied COMOS Mobile Solution documentation for the web browser recommended by COMOS.
- Reproduce your query so that the debug outputs are recorded
- Then save the log file of the "DebugView" application and in the name of the log file you save the Incident Report - ID(IR-ID) of your COMOS Support Request.
- Upload the log file via the GTAC portal.
How to proceed for this is described in the FAQ response in Entry ID 109474501.
Other ways how you create a log file are shown in the following FAQs:
How do you create a log file for a local COMOS installation?
How do you create a log file for a COMOS client in a Citrix session?
How do you create a log file for a COMOS Mobile Solutions client?
More help and useful information about COMOS is available via the COMOS topic page:
This page gives you a quick overview of the all the important COMOS entries in Online Support like:
- COMOS Application Examples
- COMOS FAQs
- COMOS Forum
- COMOS Media Systems (Videos)
- COMOS Manuals
- COMOS Services
- COMOS Support
- COMOS Training
In order to protect technical infrastructures, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art IT security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions constitute one element of such a concept. For more information about cyber security, please visithttps://www.siemens.com/cybersecurity#Ouraspiration.
Personalization saves you typing! If you have already been registered, you can login directly. If you are not registered yet, you can inform and register yourself without obligation here (our service is free of charge).
Number of characters: 0 (max. 500)
Send copy of comment to sender. (login required)
*) Important: Please use this form for general feedback only. All technical and specialist topics should be directed to the expert community in the Technical Forum.
Support to the statistics
With this function the IDs found are listed according to number (format .txt).
Topic pages for this entry