Delivery release SINAMICS Startdrive V15
You can find information about additional TIA Portal V15 products under 109752224.
An overview of the new functions of SINAMICS Startdrive V15 is available here.
SINAMICS Startdrive Basic V15
Expanded functionality for SINAMICS CU320-2 PN-based drive units
- Support of SINAMICS G130, G150, S150 and SINAMICS MV (up to 85.00 kW)
- Support of SINAMICS Chassis and Cabinet Modules (not Blocksize modules)
- Support of SIMOTICS induction motors and third-party motors
- Vector control
- Parameter comparison (online/offline - with respect to the factory setting)
- BICO interconnection on the source side
- Upload of a drive device from the list of accessible participants in the project.
Expansions for the SINAMICS G120 family
- Support of the SINAMICS firmware, version V4.7 SP9
- Additional optimization and expansion of the commissioning wizards:
- Configuration of a motor holding brake
- Cancellation online
- SINAMICS CU250D-2: SSI encoder as motor encoder
- Expansion of the commissioning screen form "Save & reset":
- Display as to whether a memory card is inserted in the drive
- PROFINET name can be assigned without restarting SINAMICS G120 Control Unit - also in the list of accessible devices.
- Support of SINAMICS CU240D-2/CU250D-2 with polymeric optical fiber (POF).
Mathematical functions for the drive trace
- Calculation of new signals from the traced signals based on mathematical formulas
- Basic arithmetic operations
- Absolute value, root, square, 1/X, modulo
- Integral, differentiation
- Various filter functions
- Calculation of average/mean value, rms value, integral in the range of the measuring cursor.
Openness for drive units
- Access to drive settings via TIA Portal Openness
- Creation of drive devices and components (including telegram configuration)
- Setting of selected drive parameters (offline and online, reading and writing)
- Creating a telegram configuration
- Download to the device (no upload)
- Can be used for the SINAMICS G120 family and SINAMICS CU320-2-based drive devices (SINAMICS S120, G130, G150 and S150)
- More information can be found at 109757958
Startdrive App "Edit parameters in several drives"
- TIA Portal external Openness application for efficient mass data processing of drive parameters
Simple and intuitive to operate
- Open source example for using the Openness interface for drive settings
- Can be used for the SINAMICS G120 family and SINAMICS CU320-2-based drive devices (SINAMICS S120, G130, G150, S150 and MV)
- Part of the Startdrive V15 scope of delivery
- Download and user documentation available under 109752526.
SINAMICS Startdrive Advanced V15
- Introduction of Startdrive Advanced license to utilize additional engineering functions with a high degree of value-added
- Advanced functions in V15: Safety acceptance test for the SINAMICS G120 family
- Prompted acceptance test Wizard for all drive-based Safety Integrated functions (Basic and Extended Safety)
- Automatic and safety-function specific generation of traces to analyze the machine behavior and response
- Generation of an acceptance report as Excel file (xlsx format, can also be used with OpenOffice)
- Available for SINAMICS G110M, G120, G120C, G120D and G120P
- Also includes all of the Startdrive Basic functions
- Only a license key is required, no additional installation
- Free trial license without a license key (21 days)
The recommended hardware and software are listed in the following table.
As of SIMATIC field PG M5 Advanced (or comparable PC)
Intel® Core™ i5-6440EQ (up to 3.4 GHz)
16 Gb (min. 8 Gb, 32 Gb for large projects)
SSD with 50 Gb free storage space
15.6" full HD display (1920 x 1080 or more)
Windows 7 (64 bit):
Windows 10 (64 bit):
Windows Server (64 bit)
Compatibility with other products
The compatibility with other products is listed in the Siemens compatibility tool for automation and drive technology 64847781.
- Startdrive V15
- works together with STEP 7, WinCC and Scout TIA V15 in a single framework.
- can be installed on the same computer as other versions of Startdrive V12 to V14 SP1
Startdrive can be installed on the same computer as SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER.
As from TIA Portal project version V13 SP1, projects can be directly upgraded to V15. An upgrade to previous project versions (V11 ... V13) is realized based on the TIA Portal products used in the project (e.g. STEP 7, Startdrive) in version V13 SP1 or V13 SP2 (last update recommended).
TIA Portal project versions V13 SP1 ... V14 SP1 are upgraded to project version V15 using TIA Portal V15. If you wish to work with or edit a TIA Portal project version V13 SP1 ... V14 SP1, then we recommend an additional installation of the corresponding software for TIA Portal V15.
Supported virtualization platforms
- VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) 6.0
- VMware Workstation 12
- VMware Player 12
- Microsoft Hyper-V with Microsoft Server 2016 standard
The following security programs were tested with Startdrive V15:
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 14
- Trend Micro OfficeScan Corporate Edition 12.0
- McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise 8.8
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2017 V17.0
- Windows Defender
- Qihoo 360 "Safe Guard 11.0" + "Virus Scanner 5.0"
- Microsoft Bitlocker
- Host-based intrusion detection system
- McAfee Application Control 8.0
Selection and ordering data, prices
|Startdrive Basic V15|
Supplied on DVD, incl. single license and Certificate of License
A handling fee will be applied to physical deliveries.
The download under 109754382 is free of charge.
Delivery as an internet download, incl. single license and Certificate of License
|Startdrive Advanced V15|
Supplied as DVD with license key (floating license) on a USB stick
(DVD with USB stick)
The download, including trial license, under 109754382 is free of charge.
Downloaded from the internet with license key (floating license)
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (simplified)
Secondary conditions according to the list of secondary conditions 55416849.
You can find additional product information on the SINAMICS Startdrive marketing website. www.siemens.com/startdrive.