SIMOCODE ES V15 (TIA Portal)
The software is based on the Totally Integrated Automation Portal (TIA Portal) central engineering framework and can be seamlessly integrated if additional TIA Portal-V15-based software such as STEP 7 and WinCC is present, thus providing the user with a consistent, efficient, and intuitive solution to all automation tasks.
But those using SIMOCODE ES V15 as standalone software will also enjoy its benefits.
What‘s new in SIMOCODE ES V15
The following new features and innovations are available at SIMOCODE ES in the TIA Portal:
SIMOCODE ES V15 Basic is available for download free of charge using this download entry-ID.
User-configurable display of device parameters
- A new view of the device parameters, the "Expert list", is available in the parameter editor.
- Groups of parameters as well as individual parameters can be marked as favorites.
- A filtered parameter view is possible based on these favorites.
- Export and import this selection of favorites (without values)
- High-performance function for mass engineering of devices within a project (also for different types of SIMOCODE pro basic units)
- Selected and appropriately set parameters can be transferred to a group of devices in a single step.
- Step-by-step configuration of all important device parameters
- Settings for the fieldbus interface, device configuration, motor protection and monitoring functions can be queried and stored
- User can call up the wizard directly from the Parameter Editor at any time.
Automatic generation of PLC tags
- If STEP 7 is additionally installed and one SIMOCODE per device is connected to a PLC, PLC can be are automatically generated for the process image of inputs and outputs that are exchanged with a PLC via PROFIBUS or PROFINET. This function can be enabled in the IO addresses dialog.
- Thanks to this function, the user can directly access these data in the user program using symbolic addressing.
Support for "TIA Portal Openness"
SIMOCODE ES supports the access to all mandatory attributes
Automatic layout of graphical blocks
- Placement of the blocks in fixed columns similar to the IPO principle (IPO = input, processing, output)
All parameters can now be edited in the graphics editor, not just the connections.
- Values can be entered directly at the function block using the keyboard.
Three program versions
The user can choose between three different versions of SIMOCODE ES: SIMOCODE ES Basic, SIMOCODE ES Standard, and SIMOCODE ES Premium.
New: Since V15, SIMOCODE ES Basic SIMOCODE as a powerful tool for commissioning or maintenance engineers is offered for download free of charge at Siemens Industry Online Support using this download entry-ID.
SIMOCODE ES Standard and Premium, with their more extensive range of functions and integrated graphics editor, are perfect tools for engineering and configuring. Unlike the Standard version, SIMOCODE ES Premium also permits parameterization and diagnostics through PROFIBUS/PROFINET/Ethernet. The display of all operating, service, and diagnostics data supplies important information about the current state of the motor and plant at all times – everywhere on PROFIBUS or PROFINET/Ethernet.
Integrated graphics editor
The graphics editor is a part of SIMOCODE ES Standard and SIMOCODE ES Premium. It is based on the Continuous Function Chart (CFC) and adds a powerful tool to the parameterizing interface that enables easy parameterization of devices by Drag&Drop. Extremely compact documentation of all configured parameters is possible, as is the graphic online presentation of the configured device functions including all signal states during operation.
The software comprises a trial license of SIMOCODE ES V15 Premium. The Licensee shall be granted the non-exclusive and non-transferable right to install the SW in one (1) Instance and to use it for validation purposes in the manner specified in the Order Data or CoL (see "Type of Use"). The period of usage is limited to 21 days and commences with the activation of the trial license, unless a different period of usage is specified in the Order Data or CoL.
Windows 7 64 Bit Professional/Ultimate/Enterprise
DVD-ROM (only when installing from DVD)
depending on PC cable type: serial (COM) or USB
PC cable/parameterization cable/connection cable
Optional, for parameterization and diagnostics via PROFIBUS
Optional, for parameterization and diagnostics via Ethernet/PROFINET
Third-party software - Licensing terms and copyright information
You can find the copyright information for third-party software contained in this product, particularly open source software, as well as applicable licensing terms of such third-party software in the ReadMe_OSS file.
Special information for resellers
The information and the license terms in the ReadMe_OSS file must be passed on to the purchasing party to avoid license infringements by the reseller or purchasing party.
Please first download the file “SIRIUS_SIMOCODE_ES_V15.exe” and then execute it. Afterwards, the file will be extracted and you can execute the setup.
Download (also contains OSS source code)
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry