Increasing the availability of WinCC systems by using a WSUS (Microsoft Windows Server Update Service) for the planned installation of selected Windows updates
The documentation describes the concept of Windows as a Service and illustrates the different options for receiving Windows updates and the associated restrictions respectively hazards for WinCC Runtime stations.
Further, the documentation explains different variants respectively servicing channels of Windows 10 and outlines why Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC in combination with the visualization software from Siemens entails significantly less dangers than the other servicing channels.
Benefits provided when using a WSUS:
- The planned installation of Microsoft updates
- No unplanned restarts with resulting loss of data
- No unforeseen incompatibilities (e.g. with feature updates)
Finally, a possible scenario for the provision of updates via a WSUS for Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Clients might look as follows:
Documentation.pdf (1,2 MB)
SITRAIN Courses for SIMATIC WinCC
Know-how for the SIMATIC products used in this application example is imparted in the following SITRAIN courses.
- SITRAIN-Training: WinCC V7 (Basics)
- SITRAIN advanced course: WinCC V7 and WinCC Options
Security Patches, Security Update, Hotfix, Hotfixes, Patch, Patches, Reboot, Update & Security, Creators Update, MS Bulletin, KBs, maual Update, local Update
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry