Why is it not possible to simulate know-how-protected blocks with S7-PLCSIM Advanced?
If you want to simulate a know-how-protected block with S7-PLCSIM Advanced you must enable simulation in the block properties before setting up block protection. Otherwise simulation is aborted with an error message.
Proceed as follows to support simulation for the know-how-protected block:
- Open the block that is know-how-protected with a password.
- In the inspector window you open the Properties of the block and switch to the "Compilation" tab.
- Under "Simulation" you can see whether or not the block can be simulated with S7-PLCSIM Advanced. The option "Can be simulated with S7-PLCSIM Advanced" must be checked.
- If the simulation option has not been enabled by the system, check in the project properties whether support for simulation during compilation of the blocks is enabled. For this you right-click the project name and select the "Properties..." in the pop-up menu. In the "Protection" tab the option "Support simulation when compiling blocks." must be enabled.
- Then separately compile each know-how-protected block concerned. Simulation of the know-how-protected blocks is now possible.
Refer also to the information in the manual "SIMATIC S7-1500 S7-PLCSIM Advanced" under Security with S7-PLCSIM Advanced. In this case the know-how protection is limited, but not removed. When you have completed your program test with S7-PLCSIM Advanced, we recommend that you once again disable simulation support for your know-how-protected blocks.
The screen in this FAQ response was created with STEP 7 (TIA Portal) V14 SP1.