Transformation of MV440 Camera coordinates into Roboter coordinates
The position of the workpiece is detected by the MV440 based on unique characteristics (e.g. a defined outline) and transferred to the S7-CPU as X and Y pixel coordinates (camera coordinates).
To integrate the MV440 into a SIMATIC control system, a large number of options exist via interface/communication modules and corresponding function blocks in the SIMATIC S7 controller.
With the aid of the MV400, the coordinates of objects are recorded, adapted in the PLC to the coordinate system of the robot and provided at a defined interface for the robot.
This application example shows you the option of determining the position of workpieces (objects) with a SIMATIC MV440 camera system (referred to below as MV440) and transferring them to an industrial robot (referred to below as a robot) via a coordinate transformation in a SIMATIC S7 CPU.
Key points of this example are:
- The configuring of the MV440
- The transfer of the MV440 pixel coordinates to the S7-CPU
- The transformation of the pixel coordinates into the coordinate system of a robot.
The application example contains function blocks with which these camera coordinates are then transferred to a mm world coordinate system and made available to a robot application for further use.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry