Sales and delivery release TeleControl Server Basic V3.1
1. Product description
The TeleControl Server Basic software connects up to 5,000 SIMATIC remote terminal units (RTUs) to a control center via mobile radio and Ethernet/Internet. Connection to the client takes place via OPC UA or OPC DA. This allows telecontrol solutions to be economically implemented in the fields of water/wastewater, logistics, maintenance and energy optimization.
The following enhancements and improvements are being released with TCSB V3.1:
1. Support for SIMATIC RTU3010C
The details for SIMATIC RTU3010C are available in the product tree of the SIMATIC RTU3000C product family: https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ww/en/ps/21767/pm .
2. Data buffering at the OPC UA interface to prevent loss of data
If the connection between TCSB and OPC client is interrupted or if large amounts of data are to be transferred at once from the server to the client, the system was prone to loss of data in the past. This behavior has been corrected with V3.1: The process data can be buffered on the server and transferred to the client according to the update cycles set for the client. Data to be buffered is enabled with the Configuration and Monitoring Tool (CMT).
The RTU3030C can now send a wake-up text message (SMS) that contains a specified date on which the RTU is to establish a connection to the TCSB. In addition, the connection mode "permanent" is supported for this station type.
4. Operation with SINEMA Remote Connect
To increase data security, the TCSB can be operated in combination with SINEMA Remote Connect. This means all telecontrol data is transferred between the RTUs and the control center over encrypted channels (VPN tunnel).
When using TCSB redundancy, we recommend you use a SCALANCE M/S upstream of the telecontrol server. In non-redundancy mode, this configuration as well as the configuration with a SINEMA Remote Connect client can be used.
5. Handling database import and database export
Handling has been made easier for exporting and importing the database. Both processes can now be handled via the CMT.
6. OPC UA: A value with "OnDataChange" and unchanged process value can now be transferred to the OPC UA client even if only the time stamp for this process value has changed and this process value has not been buffered.
7. For a GPRS connection to the RTU, the driver behavior for incompletely transferred telegrams has been optimized. In the past, this behavior could result in performance problems.
8. Advanced operating system release
Windows Server 2016 is also being released with TCSB V3.1.
This means the following operating systems have been released for TCSB V3.1:
Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise (64-bit)
Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit)
Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate, Enterprise + SP1 (64-bit)
Windows Server 2016 Standard (64-bit)
Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard (64-bit)
Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard + SP1 (64-bit)
TCSB V3.1 has been tested with WinCC V7.3 and V7.4.
2. Ordering data
TELECONTROL SERVER BASIC 8 V3.1
TELECONTROL SERVER BASIC 32 V3.1
TELECONTROL SERVER BASIC 64 V3.1
TELECONTROL SERVER BASIC 256 V3.1
TELECONTROL SERVER BASIC 1.000 V3.1
TELECONTROL SERVER BASIC 5.000 V3.1
Power packs for upgrading license scales
PP TELECONTROL SERVER BASIC 8 => 32 V3.1
PP TELECONTROL SERVER BASIC 32 => 64 V3.1
PP TELECONTROL SERVER BASIC 64 => 256 V3.1
PP TELECONTROL SERVER BASIC 256 => 1.000 V3.1
PP TELECONTROL SERVER BASIC 1.000 => 5.000 V3.1
TELECONTROL SERVER BASIC UPGR V3.1
Upgrade TCSB from V2 or V3.0 to V3.1
We offer an upgrade to V3.1 to owners of a TCSB V2 or V3.0 license: 6NH9910-0AA31-0GA0.
Security fixes and improvements
- Correction of SSA-651454 https://www.siemens.com/cert/pool/cert/siemens_security_advisory_ssa-651454.pdf.
"Vulnerabilities in TeleControl Server Basic".
Sales and delivery release TeleControl Server Basic V3.0 + SP3: 109742130
Sales and delivery release TeleControl Server Basic V3.0 + SP2: 109483118
Sales and delivery release TeleControl Server Basic V3.0 + SP1: 109475218
Sales and delivery release TeleControl Server Basic V3: 94735146
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry