What can you do if your SCALANCE W700 can no longer be reached via WBM or CLI?
- There is a power failure during a firmware update.
- You are upgrading the firmware V6.2 or lower to firmware V6.2.1 and the function "Forced Roaming on link down" is enabled. You can tell from the LEDs that the device is restarting on a regular basis.
Via the Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) you download a new firmware into the SCALANCE W700. Proceed as follows:
- Disconnect the device from the power supply.
- Press the RESET button and keeping the button pressed down connect the device again to the power supply.
- Keep the button pressed down until the red failure LED (F) starts to flash after about 2 seconds.
- Then release the button. The bootloader waits in this state for a new firmware file that you can load by TFTP.
- Connect a PC with SCALANCE W700 via the Ethernet interface.
- Use the Primary Setup Tool to assign an IP address for the SCALANCE W700.
- In a DOS box you switch to the directory in which the file with the new firmware is located and then call the command "tftp -i <ip address> PUT <firmware>". Alternatively you can use a different TFTP client.
- Close the cover to ensure that the device is protected against water and dust.
Detailed information on the topic of "Firmware update via WBM or CLI not possible" is available in the configuration manual of the SCALANCE W700.