Delivery release of SIMATIC S7-1500 Software Controller version V2.5, standard and fail-safe
Highlights of version V2.5
- PC-internal communication via standard Ethernet between Software Controller and Windows applications
- OPC UA server
- Open User Communication
- Web server access
- Load project via PSC file – including fail-safe CPU
- CPU_Control /GetStatus for checking the operating status
- PROFINET IRT with CP 1625 plug-in card (PCIe board)
- 500 µs isochronous operation
- 256 devices, 64 of which are isochronous
- Windows 10 support
- IPC4x7E (with Legacy Boot)
- IPC847D (with Legacy Boot)
- New functions with SIMATIC ODK 1500S V2.5
- Development of CPU function libraries under Windows with C# or Visual Basic
- New "Variant" data type for input and output parameters for CPU function libraries for Windows
- CPU FW V2.5 highlights
- OPC UA server method call
- OPC UA Companion Specifications
- Read/write ASCII file format in load memory
- Secure OUC
|Features||CPU 1507S||CPU 1507S F|
|Work memory for code / data||5 MB / 20 MB||7.5 MB / 20 MB|
|Fail-safe operation||No||Yes (IEC 61508 up to SIL 3 and ISO 13849 up to PLe)|
|Number of PC communication interfaces supported at the same time||3|
|Of which PROFINET||2|
|Of which PROFINET IO controller||1|
|With IPC onboard / Intel i210T||RT|
|Number of devices||128 / 8 KB IO data|
|With CP 1625||RT / IRT|
|Number of devices||256 / 8 KB IO data|
|PROFINET IRT clock||500 µs|
|Of which PROFIBUS||1|
|With CP 5622 / IPC onboard||64|
|With CP 5623||125|
|Number of available Motion Control resources||4800 (corresponds to 60 positioning axes)|
Areas of application
S7-1500 Software Controller CPU 1507S (F) realizes an S7-1500 controller as software on a SIMATC IPC with Windows. The fail-safe variant CPU 1507S F can also be used to perform fail-safe automation tasks. CPU 1507S (F) is optimized for PC-based control tasks with the Microbox PC IPC427E and Panel PC IPC477E. CPU 1507S (F) also supports the Box PCs IPC227E, IPC427D, IPC627D and IPC827D, and the Panel PCs IPC277E, IPC477D and IPC677D. The standard version CPU 1507S also supports IPC647D and IPC847D rack PCs.
S7-1500 Software Controller CPU 1507S (F) enables the execution of functions created in the high-level language C/C++. These functions can be created using SIMATIC ODK 1500S or with Target 1500S™ for Simulink®. The functions can be developed to run both under Windows and in the real-time environment of the CPU 1507S (F). The following applications can then be implemented:
- Execution of function libraries under Windows that were created using the ODK and the programming languages C/C++, C# or VB, e.g.:
- Linking of databases to the control task
- Linking of devices under Windows, e.g. handheld scanners
- Implementation of protocol converters
- Execution of function libraries at the real-time end, e.g.
- Integration of the existing control code that was implemented in C/C++ and is to be reused
- Integration of control code from model-based development environments, e.g. with the SIMATIC Target 1500S™ for Simulink®
- Platform-independent programming of control code in C/C++
S7-1500 Software Controller CPU 1507S implements the function of an S7-1500 controller as software on a PC with Windows. This enables a PC to be used for controlling machines or plants.
- Configuring and programming with the STEP 7 engineering tool in the TIA Portal (as of version 13 SP1):
- Programmable according to IEC 61131-3
- Programming languages supported:
- SCL (IL)
- GRAPH7 (SFC)
- Programming of the safety-related program section with the "STEP 7 Safety Advanced" option package in the programming languages:
- The fail-safe variant, CPU 1507S F, can be used for safety functions according to IEC 61508 up to SIL 3 and ISO 13849 up to PLe
- Innovative real-time system based on virtualization technology; the real-time system of the SIMATIC S7-1500 Software Controller enables parallel, independent operation with Windows:
- Maximum real-time and deterministic properties
- Operation independent of Windows – supports restart of Windows while the controller is in operation
- Fast startup of the controller independent of Windows
- High-speed program execution with several priority-controlled execution levels (cyclic, time-controlled, isochronous with PROFINET or PROFIBUS, event-driven via hardware and diagnostic interrupts)
- Saving retentive data: The Software Controller ensures the security of plant data even when the power fails:
- Saving of retentive data on PC hard disk (UPS required)
- Saving of retentive data on the NVRAM of the SIMATIC IPC possible during voltage dips
- The Software Controller uses the interfaces of the PC for PROFINET and PROFIBUS independent of Windows
- PROFINET IO with RT or IRT, PROFIenergy, PROFIBUS DP master, I-device
- Communication (SIMATIC communication, Open User Communication) with Windows applications or external devices over the Windows interfaces of the PC
- OPC UA server with OPC UA data access, OPC UA security functions. Accessible via the PROFINET interfaces of the Software Controller and PC-internal through Windows applications with OPC UA client functionality.
- Integrated Web server
- Scanning the CPU via the Web server is supported by all CPUs of the S7-1500 automation system.
- Image of the CPU with LEDs and the current operating state
- Readout of the diagnostic buffer entries
- Query of module status
- Query of current alarms
- Information on the status of the topology/PROFINET devices
- Transfer and management of user data into load memory of the CPU
- User-programmable Web pages for supporting servicing and commissioning of specific machine functions
- Trace functionality:
- The trace function is supported by all CPUs of the S7-1500 automation system. It supports recording of analog and digital variables for each cycle and their representation as a trend with STEP 7. This is especially useful for Motion Control or closed-loop control applications.
- Integrated technology:
- S7-1500 Motion Control: PLC-Open blocks are available for programming the motion functionality via PROFINET IO and PROFIdrive interface.
- The functionality supports speed-controlled axes, positioning axes and external encoders.
- Integrated closed-loop control functionality
- Universal PID or 3-step controller with integrated optimization and integrated temperature controller.
- Integrated system diagnostics:
- The system diagnostics is automatically generated and displayed via a programming device/PC, HMI device, Web server or the integrated display. System diagnostics are also available when the CPU is in STOP mode.
- Integrated safety:
- Know-how protection;
- Algorithms can be protected against unauthorized access and modifications.
- Access protection;
- Extended access protection provides comprehensive protection against unauthorized configuration changes. Various authorization levels are available for assigning separate rights to different user groups.
- Integrity protection;
- The system protects the data transferred to the CPU from unauthorized manipulation. Modified or external transmissions of engineering data are reliably detected and prevented by the CPU.
- Transfer of a configuration via "PC System Configuration" file
- Export of configuration with TIA Portal
- Import of a configuration using script commands or the PC station menu
- Execution of ODK function libraries
- Loading ODK function libraries
- Asynchronous execution of functions under Windows
- Synchronous execution of functions in real-time context
SIMATIC S7-1500 Software Controller can be operated on the following PC platforms
CPU 1507S and CPU 1507S F:
Box PC: IPC427E (Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows Embedded Standard 7, Windows 10 LTSB 2016)
Box PC: IPC IPC227E, IPC427D, IPC627D, IPC827D (Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows Embedded Standard 7)
Panel PC: IPC477E (Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows Embedded Standard 7, Windows 10 LTSB 2016)
Panel PC: IPC277E, IPC477D, IPC477E, IPC677D (Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows Embedded Standard 7)
Rack PC: IPC647D (Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows Embedded Standard 7)
Rack PC: IPC847D (Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows Embedded Standard 7, Windows 10 LTSB 2016)
- IPC427D and IPC477D are supported as of Core i3 processor
- For the CPU 1507S F, IPC configurations with NVRAM are mandatory.
- RAID1 is only supported in configurations with SSD + HW RAID controller.
- Internal PC communication via standard Ethernet interface with the OPC UA, OUC or Web server services is not possible on an IPC427D or IPC477D.
The order numbers have not changed.
|SIMATIC S7-1500 Software Controller Standard||Article number||Available for delivery|
|CPU 1507S V2.5 [Download]||6ES7 672-7AC01-0YG0||Available for delivery|
|CPU 1507S V2.5 [DVD]||6ES7 672-7AC01-0YA0||Available for delivery|
|CPU 1507S V2.5 Upgrade [Download]||6ES7 672-7AC01-0YK0||Available for delivery|
|SIMATIC S7-1500 Software Controller Failsafe||Article number||Available for delivery|
|CPU 1507S F V2.5 [Download]||6ES7 672-7FC01-0YG0||Available for delivery|
|CPU 1507S F V2.5 [DVD]||6ES7 672-7FC01-0YA0||Available for delivery|
- Existing installations of the Software Controller CPU 1507S (F) V2.0 or V2.1 can be upgraded for free
- Existing installations of the Software Controller CPU 1507S V1.8 can be upgraded with the upgrade version
|Accessories||Article number||Available for delivery|
|SIMATIC CP 1625 for PROFINET IRT with CPU 1507S (F)||6ES7 648-2CF10-1AA0||Available for delivery|
|Engineering extensions for high-level language programming||Article number||Available for delivery|
|SIMATIC ODK 1500S V2.5 [Download]||6ES7 806-2CD03-0YG0||Available for delivery|
|SIMATIC ODK 1500S V2.5 [DVD]||6ES7 806-2CD03-0YA0||Available for delivery|
|SIMATIC ODK 1500S V2.5 Upgrade [Download]||6ES7 806-2CD03-0YK0||Available for delivery|
SIMATIC Target 1500S Vx.y [Download]
|6ES7823-1BE01-0YA5||Available for delivery|
|SIMATIC Target 1500S Vx.y Upgrade [Download]||6ES7823-1BE01-0YE5||Available for delivery|
|SIMATIC Target 1500S + ODK 1500S Bundle||6ES7823-1BE11-0YA0||Available for delivery|
ODK 1500 must also be installed to use the Target 1500S
Upgrading existing installations of S7-1500 Software Controller V2.0
The new version is available in the download area for upgrading existing installations as of version V2.0:
Proceed as follows for installation:
- Close the Software Controller and start the PC in "Windows" mode.
- Copy the update to your IPC.
- Start the upgrade from the downloaded file.
- Perform the individual steps for installation.
- Restart the PC once the installation is complete.
You can find additional information on the products with the following links: