PCS 7 Unit Template "Bioreactor with a Soft Sensor"
The diversity of bioprocesses requires specific solutions for the automation of bioreactors, for example in fermentation, which differ significantly from the usual functions of process engineering in the chemical industry. Such automation functions are often newly developed for specific applications, with certain functions being reusable and relatively widely applicable.
These functions are compiled in the unit template "Bioreactor" for SIMATIC PCS 7 and offer a template in which all typical components of a bioreactor, their control and regulation, the necessary logic and visualization are available. The structure is modular and based on standardized technical functions.
The performance of the functions specialized in bioprocesses clearly exceeds the functional scope of an elementary basic automation:
- Soft sensors increase the transparency of process control by making biologically relevant target values available as online and cyclically calculated values, which otherwise can only be measured with great effort or sporadically in the laboratory. Thus, closed control loops for physiological target variables can also be established.
- Special control functions for bioreactors provide industry-specific functionality through a clever combination of standard function modules in order to improve the reproducibility and stability of process control, despite the noticeably changing biological boundary conditions in the course of a batch.
The following figure shows the components of the process visualization.
It offers the following advantages:
- Reducing the know-how required for application development
- Reduction of the project planning effort
- Flexible structure and adaptation through technical functions
- Uniform structures
SIMATIC PCS 7 V9.0
Support in realization and implementation
We will support you in conception and implementation of a process model or in the configuration of the soft sensor.
Sensor Technologies - Process Analytics & Sensors
CT RDA IOT PAS-AT
Mr Martin Joksch
Equipment Modules for SIMATIC PCS 7 using the example of the Chemical Industry
PCS 7 Unit Template "Stirred tank reactor with Kalman filter" using the example of the Chemical Industry
PCS 7 Unit Template "Stirred Tank Reactor" using the example of the Chemical Industry
PCS 7 Unit Template "Distillation Column" using the example of the Chemical Industry
PCS 7 Unit Template "Fermenter" using the example of the Chemical Industry
PCS 7 Unit Template "Polymerization Reactor" using the example of the Chemical Industry
PCS 7 Unit Template "Dryer" using the example of the Chemical Industry
SIMATIC PCS 7 in the pharmaceutical industry “Blood Plasma Fractionation” (demo project)
SIMATIC PCS 7 in the pharmaceutical industry “Fermentation” (demo project)
SIMATIC PCS 7 in the pharmaceutical industry "Freeze Dryer" (demo project)