SITRANS/SIPART device library for SIMIT Simulation Platform
SIMIT Simulation Platform contains several standard components, such as drives and valves, for simulating devices and measuring points. This standard functionality is not sufficient for the simulation for every device installed in the system since the behavior of field devices can have a decisive influence on the behavior of the overall system. Modern field devices offer a multitude of functions and parameters that are only very inconvenient to simulate or cannot to be simulated with the standard SIMIT tools.
Specific device models have the requirement to exchange measured or controlled values and status signals with the PCS 7 driver blocks. The dynamic device behavior is simulated in SIMIT. In this application example, you can download a library of specific simulation models of the SITRANS and SIPART device family.
The device-specific simulation models offer you the following advantages:
- Simulation of product-specific functions based on detailed device models
- Increasing the accuracy and thus the benefit of the system model
- Allows the determination of the optimal parameters of the field devices
- Virtual commissioning of the devices in the context of plant simulation
- Training of personnel in operator training systems (OTS) that realistically map the process behavior of the plant
The library includes the simulation models of the following devices:
- SITRANS FC430, F M MAG 5000/6000, FX330, FUS060
- SITRANS P DS III, P300, P310, P410, P500
- SITRANS LR250, LR560, Probe LU, LUT400
- SITRANS TH300, TH400
- SIPART PS 2