Easy and flexible device integration with SIMATIC CFU
Plants in the
process industry must meet ever higher demands for flexibility and scalability,
availability and security - but at the same time, with lifespans of up to 30 years and more,
with the highest level of future and investment security. Siemens provides the intelligent solution
to a complex field, with SIMATIC PCS 7 V9.0 and a wide range of hardware and software innovations.
of process plants is becoming increasingly important,
as it offers enormous savings potential in terms of project duration and costs.
Standardization can be divided into the following areas:
- Standardized development of the automation program through a uniform library
(building blocks and measuring point templates)
- Standardization of automated solutions and automation components by means of templates
- Decentralized management of field devices, e.g. based on PROFINET and PROFIBUS PA
- Standardization of process instrumentation for recording and
controlling process variables pressure,
temperature, flow, level, etc.
- Uniform equipment of the tanks of process section plants with different volumes
The SIMATIC PCS 7
process control system with its PROFINET-based hardware innovations
SIMATIC Compact Field Unit (CFU) provides the basis for implementing standardization
and the SIMATIC ET 200SP HA remote IO system.
In this application example, a storage tank is used to describe,
how you can standardize your plant sections with the SIMATIC CFU.
decentralized standardization with the SIMATIC CFU
The Simatic CFU is installed in direct proximity to the subsystem and is connected via
PROFINET IO to the Automation systems. The process data and signals of the subsystem can
be acquired, controlled and regulated via eight freely configurable digital inputs
and outputs and eight PROFIBUS PA channels.
This results in the following advantages:
- Automatic addressing of the PA field devices
- Reduction of efforts for device integration and device replacement.
- Reduced cabling and wiring errors compared to multilevel connections (distributed peripherals, MTAs, etc.).
- Less planning and documentation
- Standardization of plant sections.
The application example basically describes how you can standardize and decentralize your subsystems by using SIMATIC PCS 7
the SIMATIC CFU, Siemens process
instrumentation and control module types.
The application example shows:
- Configuration and parameter assignment of the SIMATIC CFU
- Standardization of a storage container, including automation solution
- Procedure for multiplying a plant section
- SIMATIC PCS 7 V9.0 SP1
- SIMATIC PCS 7 V9.0
Product note: Smart field distributor - SIMATIC Compact Field Unit
Equipment Modules for SIMATIC PCS 7 using the example of the Chemical Industry
Control Module (CM) Technology - Efficient Engineering with SIMATIC PCS 7
How do you provide the power supply for the SIMATIC Compact Field Unit PA (CFU PA)?
Hardware Upgrade Package (HUP) for SIMATIC Compact Field Unit (CFU)
SIMATIC Distributed I/O SIMATIC CFU PA