RUGGEDCOM ROS Release Notes v4.3.5
RUGGEDCOM ROS® version 4.3.5 software is now available and can be obtained by requesting support at https://support.industry.siemens.com/my/us/en/requests#createRequest.
All RUGGEDCOM RS & i800 series switches, M969, M2100, and M2200 are supported with the exception of:
- RUGGEDCOM RST2228
- RUGGEDCOM RSG907R
- RUGGEDCOM RSG909R
- RUGGEDCOM RSL910
New Features and Enhancements
- Controlled Firmware Running on Non-Controlled Devices
Due to changes in export restrictions, ROS now allows controlled (high encryption) firmware to run on devices that are classified as non-controlled (NC). Exempted devices are the RMC30 and RP110.
- Changing Usernames and Passwords Over SSH
A new set of commands were added to change usernames and passwords over an SSH connection.
This version contains security-relevant product improvements which increases the robustness. Upgrading to this version is recommended.
- Using the “sslkeygen” command with incorrect parameters cause a device reboot
- SNMP LinkDown Trap not displaying correct status for ifOperStatus OID
- Changing the minimum password length could render the device inaccessible
- DHCP binding table is not always updated correctly
- DHCP snooping on the main VLAN caused the device DHCP function to become inoperable
- General resource allocation improvements