Delivery release TIA Portal V15.1
TIA Portal V15.1 offers a large variety of new functions for existing products
- SIMATIC WinCC V15.1 109761203
- SINAMICS Startdrive V15.1 109760844
- SINAMICS DCC V15.1 109761700
- SIMOTION SCOUT TIA V5.3 SP1 109766963
- SIMOCODE ES V15.1 109763898
- Soft Starter ES V15.1 109764387
An overview of the new functions is available here: TIA Portal V15.1 new functions (9,9 MB)
Overview of products and options in TIA Portal V15.1
TIA Portal V15.1 products and options
TIA Portal Multiuser Engineering
TIA Portal Multiuser Engineering enables multiple users to simultaneously work on a single project. As a result, configuration times are significantly reduced and projects can be commissioned quicker.
The following new functions are available with TIA Portal Multiuser Engineering V15.1:
- Commissioning mode for joint commissioning in a team: Downloads are synchronized via the server project. This enables a consistent status between device and server project. This means that synchronization and upload via the CPU are no longer necessary.
TIA Portal Teamcenter Gateway
The Teamcenter Gateway enables you to save and manage TIA Portal projects and global libraries in Teamcenter. Operator control is integrated into the TIA Portal.
The following new functions are available with TIA Portal Teamcenter Gateway V15.1:
- Simultaneous editing of a TIA project from Teamcenter by a group of users using a combination of TIA Portal Multiuser Engineering and TIA Portal Teamcenter Gateway
- Comparison and merging of TIA projects managed in Teamcenter using reference project functionality
- Reconnection of manually extracted Teamcenter projects by saving them to existing elements
TIA Portal Cloud Connector
The TIA Portal Cloud Connector provides access to local PC interfaces and connected SIMATIC hardware in the TIA Portal Engineering while the engineering itself is performed via Remote Desktop in a private cloud.
TIA User Management Component
TIA User Management Component (UMC) provides the possibility of global user management. This means that users and user groups can be defined and managed across projects. Users and user groups can also be applied from a Microsoft Active Directory.
TIA Portal Openness
You can use the API interface of WinCC and STEP 7 in the TIA Portal to integrate the TIA Portal in your development environment and automate your engineering tasks. Write your own applications with external development environments, for example, a code generator for HMI screens and PLC blocks.
The following new functions are available with TIA Portal Openness V15.1:
- Availability of multiple API versions
Because the Openness DLLs from V14 SP1, V15 and V15.1 are included in the scope of delivery, applications based on V14 SP1 or V15 also run with V15.1 without changes. To use the V15.1 functions, you need to integrate the V15.1 DLLs and re-compile the application.
XML export of the snapshot of actual values
The snapshot of the actual values is stored in the XML file during export via Openness. Different snapshots can therefore be compared via XML files.
Fault-tolerant XML import of inconsistent blocks
Block XMLs can be imported, even if used UDTs or called blocks are not available or not matching in the target project.
F/PLC station upload via Openness
A station upload to an empty project can be triggered from an F/PLC via Openness during runtime. The station upload is expanded by the following data: Recipes, data logs and user files
PLC offline/offline comparison
Automatically triggered comparison of two PLCs which can be in different projects.
Automatic protection of blocks
A block can be protected using Openness API know-how. Conversely, a know-how-protected block can be unlocked via Openness API.
Download to an R/H PLC
Automatic download of the R/H PLC, which can be operated redundantly and is available in TIA Portal V15.1, consisting of the primary and backup PLC.
Export and import of watch tables
Export of watch tables to XML and import of watch tables from XML.
Reading of block checksums
Checksums can be determined for blocks. A user can independently add the checksums for code, interface, comment, etc. to the exported XML.
Parameter-specific access to ET 200SP modules
Reading/writing of HW moduleparameters of ET 200SP is supported
Opening reference project
In a TIA Portal instance, a project for editing can be opened via Openness as before, and it is now also possible to open an additional project - read-only - as reference project
Archive or retrieve project
API-controlled access to the TIA Portal functions project archiving and project retrieval
Save global libraries under a different name
Copies of global libraries can now be created via Openness.
SIMATIC Energy Suite 109761408
As an integrated option for the TIA Portal, SIMATIC Energy Suite directly links energy management and automation for the first time and thereby creates energy transparency in production. In addition, simplified programming of energy-measuring components significantly reduces the configuration work.
- Integrated and intuitive configuration of energy management
- Automatic generation of the PLC energy program for S7-1500
- Archiving on WinCC Runtime Professional or PLC-internal SIMATIC memory card
The following new functions are available with SIMATIC Energy Suite V15.1:
- Energy screens
Now included as part of the Energy Suite V15.1 product package
New: Cost center report including tariffs
Configuration of SINAMICS drives directly in the hardware catalog is supported (previously only GSDML was supported)
- Usability improvements
Various small improvements in usability
SIMATIC S7-PLCSIM Advanced
With SIMATIC S7-PLCSIM Advanced, virtual controllers for simulating S7-1500 and ET 200SP controllers can be created and used for extensive simulation of functions.
The following new functions are available with SIMATIC S7-PLCSIM Advanced V2.0 SP1:
The Control Panel can be used by means of a quick view or a freely movable Windows window.
Depending on the aim of the simulation, you can set via the API whether the maximum cycle time should be taken into consideration or ignored.
SIMATIC Target 1500S for Simulink 109761686
Target 1500S is an add-on for Simulink from MathWorks. It enables the integration of Simulink models directly in the program cycle of an S7-1500 PLC that supports ODK.
The following new functions are available with SIMATIC Target 1500S V3.0:
- Display of the Simulink model on the CPU web server (incl. display and changeability of model parameters and the display of signal trends in a scope)
- Automatic transfer to the CPU
Automatic transfer of the generated SO file to the CPU web server after each generation process directly from Simulink (including handling for access protection to the CPU with user name/password)
- Execution of the model and reading/writing of the model parameters in different OBs possible and ensuring consistent data exchange
between the call levels (thread safety)
SIMATIC Visualization Architect (SiVArc) enables simple, fast, flexible and automated creation of HMI contents based on the STEP 7 user program.
The following new functions are available with SIMATIC Visualization Architect V15.1:
Access protection to the SiVArc rule editors by means of the TIA User Management Component
X/Y position can be set by expressions
Support of STEP 7 SCL blocks
Generation on template screens
SiVArc – Openness
Copying rules/rule groups from the library to the project
Starting SiVArc generation
SIMATIC Safe Kinematics
With SIMATIC Safe Kinematics, the movement of kinematics in a room can be safely monitored. The speed of certain points on the kinematics, such as the Tool Center Point (TCP), as well as working and protection zones can be safely monitored. The following kinematics are available in the first version: articulated arm, SCARA, vertical roll picker and cartesian portal.
The release is planned for mid-December 2018 for the CPU S7-1517TF-3 PN/DP.
Targeted and easy-to-configure machine and plant diagnostics for SIMATIC S7-1500 and SIMATIC HMI.
The following new functions are available with SIMATIC ProDiag:
- Text export for ProDiag/S7-GRAPH relevant texts including the text lists used for fast translation
- Optional display of the entire block in the HMI PLC Code Viewer for fast error analysis
- Jump into the TIA Portal in read-only mode or read-write mode from WinCC Advanced
- Inclusion of hierarchical comments in ProDiag alarms
- Subcategories are now also available for S7-GRAPH
SIMATIC Energy Suite S7-1500 109761408
The SIMATIC Energy Suite Engineering comes with 10 energy objects. Additional energy objects can be added with runtime packages.
SIMATIC OPC UA S7-1500
The OPC UA S7-1500 option enables easy connection of any third-party device to the S7-1500 via the OPC UA server integrated in the S7-1500 CPU.
The following new functions are available with SIMATIC OPC UA with TIA Portal V15 and firmware V2.5:
- In addition to the OPC UA server, an OPC UA client is integrated in the CPU and offers the following functions via corresponding OPC UA communication instructions: Method calls as well as reading and writing of data .
The free SiOME tool is an editor for defining your own OPC UA information models or mapping existing companion specifications on your SIMATIC PLC.
WinCC/WebUX for WinCC Professional enables plant processes to be monitored and, if required, controlled over the Internet or intranet by means of mobile end devices. The software provides a visualization solution suitable for HTML5 and browsers that support SVG regardless of the operating system – without any engineering work.
The products with article numbers (order numbers) are listed in the attached files.
Trial software download
You can find trial versions for downloading and testing of the several TIA Portal products in the following entries:
- SIMATIC STEP 7 (inkl. PLCSIM) / WinCC V15.1 109761045
- SIMATIC STEP 7 Safety V15.1 109759618
- SIMATIC WinCC V15.1 Runtimes 109761576
- SINAMICS Startdrive V15.1 109760845
- SINAMICS DCC V15.1 109761701
- SIMATIC Energy Suite V15.1 109761410
- SIMATIC PLCSIM Advanced V2.0 SP1 109758848
- SIMATIC Target 1500S V3.0 109761689
- SIMATIC Visualization Architect V15.1 109761214
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry