Delivery Release SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional / Basic V15.1
SIMATIC STEP 7 is the world's best known and most widely used programming software in industrial automation. SIMATIC STEP 7 (TIA Portal) is a winner thanks to innovative engineering for both proven and new SIMATIC controllers.
SIMATIC STEP 7 V15.1 is now available. SIMATIC STEP 7 V15.1 replaces the direct predecessor version SIMATIC STEP 7 V15 as an independent product and full version. The standard delivery of SIMATIC STEP 7 V15 ends with the availability of SIMATIC STEP 7 V15.1.
SIMATIC STEP 7 V15 can be requested as a free download to the previously delivered version V15.1 via the Internet from the download pages of SIMATIC Customer Support (entry ID 109752566). If you need the V15.0 volume, the TRIAL Version of V15.1 (MLFB: 6ES7822-1AA05-0YA7) contains the V15.0 DVD.
The license acquired for the V15.1 is valid for all older TIA Portal versions.
You can find the latest news on additional TIA Portal products at the following site: 109758794
Highlights SIMATIC STEP 7 V15.1
STEP 7 V15.1 includes new features for all phases of the engineering workflow.
- The following new CPUs of the S7-1500 family complete the portfolio:
- SIMATIC S7-1500R and SIMATIC S7-1500H 109761646
- Isochronous mode on the central backplane bus of the S7-1500: For the cost-effective compact implementation of demanding technology tasks in the central structure
- MRP Domain Management across project boundaries: Redundancy managers and redundancy clients of an MRP domain can be configured in different projects
»Change firmware version« for IO devices: Quick change of the configured firmware version in the device view using preselection
Software units for S7-1500 as of firmware version V2.6
- Free division of the standard program into software units
- Separate loading of the software units into the PLC
- Defined interfaces between the software units
- Purely optimized programming and data storage
Editors for programming languages
- Textual interface for SCL blocks: For new SCL blocks, you can specify whether the block interface is to be processed in a table (as before) or in text form. This allows, for example, additional comment sections and line comments in the interface as well as easier exchange with other text editors
- Alignment of actual parameters in SCL: For better readability of programs in SCL blocks, you can left-align the actual parameters for block calls.
- DB snapshot: Stored snapshots are not lost even after a structural change (such as insertion of a line) of the DB
Monitoring unconnected outputs: When block calls are monitored, the actual values for unconnected outputs are now also displayed.
Changing setting values for tags of the UDT data type: The settings pre-defined in a user-defined data type can be selected or deselected for the instance used.
Monitor UDT: Direct monitoring of UDT on the I/O area in program blocks is supported.
Only export used elements from tag tables: For tags used exclusively in the program, the export function in the tag table also supports the XML format.
Cross-reference indicator for interface parameters
For interface parameters of a function block, the cross-reference list displays both the block-internal access operations and the access operations from outside via the corresponding individual instance data blocks.
- Settings can already be made during configuration
- Changes made in online mode can be retained
- When changes are made to the trace configuration (signals, OBs, triggers, etc.), the settings are no longer lost
- User-defined keyboard shortcuts
- Adaptations of keyboard shortcuts in the TIA Portal settings
- Existing functions with keyboard shortcuts can be assigned new keyboard shortcuts
- User-defined keyboard shortcuts can be imported and exported
- Improved usability for archiving projects
- Projects no longer need to be explicitly opened for archiving
- By default, the projects are completely archived with all data, so that it is not necessary to recreate them.
- Integration of the current file selection dialog for archive selection. Better overview, simplified path selection with history, display of the existing file, direct editing option.
- Extension of TIA Portal settings to include a default path for storing retrieved projects and libraries.
- Exporting and importing project texts: For texts in the project and libraries, it is possible to export and import several languages in one operation.
- SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional V15.1
is the high-performance, integrated engineering system for the latest SIMATIC controllers S7-1500, S7-1200, S7-300, S7-400, WinAC and ET 200 CPU. S7-PLCSIM for simulation of the S7-1500, S7-1200 CPU as well as SIMATIC WinCC Basic for configuration of Basic Panels are included in the product package.
- SIMATIC STEP 7 Basic V15.1
is the easy-to-use engineering system for the small modular SIMATIC S7-1200 controller and the associated I/Os. It includes S7-PLCSIM for simulating the S7-1200 CPU and SIMATIC WinCC Basic for configuration of the SIMATIC Basic Panels.
The recommended hardware and software are listed in the following table.
|Hardware / software||Requirement|
|Processor||Intel® Core™ i5-6440EQ (up to 3.4 GHz)|
|RAM||16 GB (min. 8 GB, 32 GB for large projects)|
|Hard disk||SSD with 50 GB free storage space|
|Network||1 Gbit (for multi-user)|
|Monitor||15.6" Full HD Display (1920 x 1080 or more)|
|Operating system|| Windows 7 (64-bit)|
Windows 10 (64-bit)
Windows Server (64-bit)
*only for Basic Edition
Compatibility with other products
STEP 7 V15.1 can be installed on a PC in parallel with other versions of STEP 7 V11 to V15, STEP 7 V5.4 or higher, STEP 7 Micro/WIN, WinCC flexible (from 2008) and WinCC (V7.0 SP2 or higher).
Projects as of TIA Portal project version V13 SP1 can be directly upgraded to V15.1. Upgrading from previous project versions (V11 ... V13) is carried out on the basis of the TIA Portal products (e.g. STEP 7) used in the project in version V13 SP1 or V13 SP2 (latest update recommended).
TIA Portal project versions V13 SP1 to V15 are upgraded with TIA Portal V15.1 to the project version V15.1. If you need to edit a TIA Portal project version V13 SP1 to V15, we recommend an additional installation of the corresponding software for TIA Portal V15.1. The license purchased for V15.1 is also valid for all older TIA Portal versions.
Program code and hardware configuration from STEP 7 V5.4 SP5 can be migrated directly to a TIA Portal V15.1 project with STEP 7 V15.1.
Supported virtualization platforms
- VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) 6.5
- VMware Workstation 12.5
- VMware Player 12.5
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016
The following security programs were tested with STEP 7 V15.1
- Virus scanner
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 14
- Trend Micro OfficeScan Corporate Edition 12.0
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 10.5
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2018
- Windows Defender
- Qihoo 360 "Safe Guard 11.5" + "Virus Scanner"
- Encryption software
- Microsoft Bitlocker
- Host-based intrusion detection system
McAfee Application Control 8.0
The products with article numbers (order numbers) are listed in the attached file.
Download products are immediately available for download from the delivery release. The package versions will be put on stock from November 2018.
Software Update Service (SUS) as download
All automation software updates on the day of publication, available complete for all applications and independent of location - worldwide! Make the switch to the Software Update Service (SUS) as download now. You can find more Information here
Here you can download a trial version for SIMATIC STEP 7 Basic and Professional V15.1 (incl. PLCSIM) and test it for 21 days: 109761045
You can find additional information on STEP 7 V15.1 and WinCC V15.1 in the attached Readme file.