Getting started with S7-PLCSIM Advanced and simulation tables
The virtual controllers can also be tested and validated in the context of a system or machine. The application programming interface (API) allows manipulation of the simulated process image and is used to connect the virtual controller to a virtual model of a machine or plant or to specially rogrammed high-level language applications.
This makes it possible to connect the virtual controller to simulation software such as SIMIT or NX Mechatronics Concept Designer for extensive validation of the STEP 7 program.
The following application example should make the first steps in the general handling of S7-PLCSIM Advanced easier for you. In addition, this application example offers the "SimTableApplication" application with which youcan conveniently and independently monitor and control PLC variables on the
virtual controller via a simulation table.
Advantages of the Application Example
- Quick introduction to the use of S7-PLCSIM Advanced
- Possibility of testing user programs with TIA Portal and S7-PLCSIM Advanced
- Bequemes Testen von Anwenderprogrammen mit Hilfe von Simulationstabellen und PLCSIM Advanced
- This application example complements the S7-PLCSIM Advanced manual. Detailed information can be found in the corresponding manual.
- This application example requires basic knowledge of TIA Portal projectplanning.
Documentation and project
Documentation (2,1 MB)
SimTable application (1,1 MB)
SHA-256 checksum: 255F948AA9CA4F613CD1F283351128E270C7B6BA2AE394CBA4E00E8F46CDCC1A
Visual Studio Project (770,4 KB)
SHA-256 checksum: 60E0E5A730B27EA4A32FF82D0875B4E679E6E2A2AE912C40C641C70D7D475EBB
You can find Informations to SHA-256 at the entry
How do you determine the SHA-256 checksum of a file?
Digitalization with TIA Portal
Visual Studio Project added
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry