Standardization as the basis of digitalization
Standardization means targeted selection of technologies and components (hardware and software) in order to set up recurring machines and systems or set up processes. Machines and systems are mapped modularly according to specific rules and standardizations.
Set standards in your development and production with a standardized modular system based on TIA Portal and benefit from the advantages of standardization.
Advantages of standardization in development, production, operation and maintenance:
- Maintaining and expanding competitiveness with a comprehensive cost reduction (total-cost-of-Ownership)
- Simplified management of the machine variants, short commissioning times, lower spare parts requirements, reduced training costs, simpler maintenance, less machine downtime and thus less maintenance costs, enhanced availability
- Uniform operation (visualization) and diagnosis (simplified troubleshooting)
- Increased efficiency through known and coordinated components and interfaces
- Reduction of error sources through the use of already proven program parts
- Standardized recording and visualization of machine and operating data
Development of a standard
Technological and industry-specific requirements are essential for the development of new machines and systems.
Define project-related and cross-project standard procedures and a selection of successive standard components.
TIA Portal Guides and Guidelines
The standardization guide shows you how to modularize your machines and systems.
It provides recommendations and information on structured and standardized programming of your automation solutions.
To create an optimal program with regard to technical possibilities and authenticity we recommend the programming guides and using the programming style guide for SIMATIC S7-1200/1500, which can be found here in a compilation.
|Guide to Standardization|
|Programming Guidelines and Programming Styleguide for SIMATIC S7-1200 and S7-1500|
Store all objects you need frequently in the libraries.
In the following you will find a guide describing the optimal handling of libraries in the TIA Portal.
In addition, the following link provides you with libraries on the following topics:
Control / Visualization / Communication / SIMATIC Ident / Safety Integrated / Energy Management / power supply
|Libraries in the TIA Portal|
Generation of TIA Portal projects
To save engineering time, standardized components of TIA Portal projects can be generated automatically.
With TIA Portal Openness you automate your engineering tasks in the TIA Portal and control them remotely.
With the help of SiVArc, the control program can then be analyzed and the visualization generated using rules.
|TIA Portal Openness: Introduction and Demo Application|
|SIMATIC Automating projects with scripts|
|TIA Portal Openness: Generating a Modular Machine with S7-1500|
|SIMATIC Visualization Architect (SiVArc) – Getting Started|
Testing and simulation
To ensure high code quality and to avoid errors during commissioning and operation, S7-PLCSIM Advanced is available for you to use.
S7-PLCSIM Advanced is an independent simulation system with which you simulate and test STEP 7 programs on a virtual controller. Then you can test the program automatically with S7UnitTest.
|S7UnitTest: Automated testing with SIMATIC S7-PLCSIM Advanced|
|SIMATIC S7‑PLCSIM Advanced: Co‑Simulation via API|
Digitalization and standardization with TIA Portal
After successful standardization the basis for the digital Work flow is provided.
Use the included application examples for the different "Use Cases" in digitalization to be competitive in the long run.
Training / courses
Benefit today from SITRAIN and digitalization:
|Save valuable time with standardization|
|Automated execution of engineering tasks (Video)|
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry