Automation of Sequential Processes with GRAPH in the TIA Portal for S7-1500
The focus for use of GRAPH is on the implementation phase. The characteristic features of GRAPH can also be used optimally during the operating and maintenance phase.
GRAPH is a graphic programming language for creating sequence controls. Within a GRAPH function block you program your program in the form of sequence cascades; whereby sequential processes can be quickly program in a clearly organized manner.
Using GRAPH offers the following advantages:
- Minimal programming effort and greater clarity through graphic programming.
- Excellent legibility for maintenance personnel.
- Less time in the commissioning phase thanks to the graphical programming interface.
- Minimal implementation effort because there are few possibilities for errors when generating code.
- High availability of the machine through process diagnostics functions (interlock and supervision).
- Fast error detection through PLC code display and criteria analysis on the HMI.