Firmware update for SIMATIC PN/PN Coupler
When firmware is updated, it must always be updated to the latest version available for the respective article number. The previous versions of the firmware are intended only as a backup to enable you to downgrade to the original version.
The latest version of firmware in each case is valid for all versions of this article number.
Performing the firmware update:
The firmware update is performed online via PROFINET IO (with STEP 7 TIA Portal, STEP 7 SIMATIC Manager 5.5 or higher)
To do this, proceed as follows:
- Mark an interface of the PN/PN Coupler in the “Accessible nodes" list
- Select the "Online & Diagnostics" menu command from the shortcut menu.
- Select the "Firmware Update" group from the "Functions" folder.
- To select the path to the firmware update files, click the "Browse" button in the "Firmware Update" area.
- Select the suitable firmware file.
All components for which you can perform an update with the selected firmware file are listed in the table in the Firmware Update area.
- Click on the "Start update" button.
If the PN/PN Coupler can interpret the selected file, the file is downloaded to the PN/PN Coupler.
- Updating the firmware
The check box "Activate firmware after update" is always selected.
After performing a successful loading process, the PN/PN Coupler imports the firmware and then continues working with the new firmware.
If a firmware update is interrupted, you must repeat the process.
Overview of article numbers and current revision levels of the SIMATIC PN/PN Coupler:
Note: Software is subject to export restrictions, download only for registered users
Upgrade by means of...
Third-party software – license conditions and copyright notes
You can find the copyright notes on the third-party software, especially Open Source Software, as well as applicable license conditions for this type of third-party software in the file ReadMe_OSS_V421.
Special note for resellers
The information and the license conditions stated in the ReadMe_OSS_V421 file must be passed on to the purchasing party to avoid license infringements by the reseller or purchasing party.
You can find the copyright notes on the third-party software, especially Open Source Software, as well as applicable license conditions for this type of third-party software in the file ReadMe_OSS_V420.
Special note for resellers
|Update V4.2.1 (6ES7158-3AD10-0XA0)|
Increase the ruggedness of network communication with uninterrupted continuous operation of more than 497 days.
To support the check whether the system configuration used in the individual case is affected, and if any measures must be adopted, contact the Technical Support (Service Request required).
|Update V4.2.0 (6ES7158-3AD10-0XA0)|
Firmware revision as part of product maintenance
- Support of system redundancy S2
- Support of tool changer as docking station
- Local data record link
- Enhanced IT security behavior (correction for SSA-346262 and SSA-293562),
see Siemens ProductCERT and Siemens CERT
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry