Delivery Release for Motion Control System SIMOTION - Software Version V5.1 HF6
The release of SIMOTION V5.1 HF6 refers to the following components:
- Setup for SIMOTION SCOUT and SCOUT Stand-alone
- Setup for SIMOTION SCOUT TIA
- Separate setup for SIMOSIM
- SIMOTION technology packages (included in the setups)
- Firmware support packages for installation in SIMOTION SCOUT and subsequent generation of the upgrade files
- Card images for SIMOTION D and C, runtime software for SIMOTION P
The above-mentioned software components are available through the Industry Online Support pages (see under downloads).
SIMOTION software version V5.1 HF6 resolves a series of functional restrictions of the SIMOTION software version V5.1.
You can obtain the details from the readme file (see “Further information“). Its use is always recommended when using version V5.1.
When changing to Hotfix 6, the corresponding setup of SIMOTION SCOUT, SCOUT Stand-alone respectively SCOUT TIA must be executed and the kernel/firmware version of the relevant platform must be upgraded.
The current SIMOTION compatibility list – with the combinations of software and hardware – can be found under 18857317.
The delivery status of SIMOTION SCOUT, SIMOTION P320-4 and the SIMOTION C/D memory cards remains unchanged Version V5.1 HF1.
The current article numbers of the SIMOTION V5.1 components are stated in the product note 109749349.
SIMOTION SCOUT / SCOUT Stand-alone / SCOUT TIA
Prerequisite for installation is
- STEP 7 V5.6 installed on the engineering computer with SIMOTION SCOUT. Version SIMOTION SCOUT V5.1 HF6 is a complete installation of SCOUT.
- For SIMOTION SCOUT TIA, TIA Portal Framework V14 SP1 installed on the engineering computer (SIMOTION SCOUT TIA is a TIA Portal client setup).
Once these conditions are available, SIMOTION SCOUT, SIMOTION SCOUT Stand-alone or SIMOTION SCOUT TIA setups can be installed.
Please read the information included in the readme file.
When changing from SIMOTION V5.1 HF1 to V5.1 HF6, the projects do not have to be upgraded.
The CamTool version remains unchanged (CamTool V4.1 HF1).
The simulation runtime SIMOSIM V5.1 HF6 must be installed separately (via a separate setup), it is included in SIMOSIM V5.2 SP1 HF3.
SIMOTION C, P and D
Kernel/firmware, version V5.1 HF6 is available for SIMOTION C240/C240PN, P320-4 and D410-2/D4x5-2. The detail versions, including the safety versions of SINAMICS Integrated for SIMOTION D, can be taken from the readme file (see “Further information“).
You can download the following from the Industry Online Support pages:
- SIMOTION SCOUT, SCOUT Stand-alone and SCOUT TIA V5.1 HF6 as well as SIMOSIM V5.2 SP1 HF3, see 109760548
- SIMOTION C kernel/firmware V5.1 HF6, see 31263919
- SIMOTION D kernel/firmware V5.1 HF6, see 31045047
- SIMOTION Firmware Support Package (FWSP) for device update tool, see 33119786
The device update tool can be used for upgrading SIMOTION C and D from SIMOTION software version V4.1 SP2 to SIMOTION software version V5.1 HF6. Firmware Support Package V5.1 HF6 is required to do this.
Please refer to the readme file for additional information about SIMOTION software version V5.1 HF6.