Delivery Release for RUGGEDCOM CROSSBOW 4.7.2
Version 4.7.2 of the RUGGEDCOM CROSSBOW software has been released and can be obtained by requesting support at https://support.industry.siemens.com/my/us/en/requests#createRequest.
RUGGEDCOM CROSSBOW 4.7.2 is a “Generally Available” (GA) release.
Changes in CROSSBOW 4.7.2 Release
- Added the ability to view which user put a device out of service from the CROSSBOW event log.
- Created a special bulk import specific function to return server status
- Fix issue with RSA PIN popup window not opening
- Fix schedulers hanging up leaving CAMs and special operations in pending state
- Fix clearing lingering scheduler assignments after scheduled activity completion.
- Fix scheduler may become unresponsive when receiving feedback from previous task after moving on to a new task
- Fix cleared some extraneous debug errors when updating CROSSBOW database from rel 4.7.0 to rel 4.7.1.
- Fix issue if scheduler times out, the current device connection data remains in the database and blocks further special operations on the same interfaces.
- Fix issue where database was not being cleared after connection manager had completed a device connection.
- Fix issue with slow population of schedule targets on large 5000+ device database
- Fix issue with service configuration start name being enforced even when disabled
- Fix issue with database TCP port errors when system is under load
- Fix missing interface mappings for ports 33-254 on migrated RTAC devices
Minor Security Improvements
- This version contains security-relevant product improvements which increases the robustness. Upgrading to this version is recommended.
Compatibility & Upgrade Considerations
- The included migrate script will need to be applied to the customer’s RUGGEDCOM CROSSBOW database before the new version of the software can be started. Please see user guide for details.
- This version of RUGGEDCOM CROSSBOW supports communications using TLS 1.2. This feature is enabled by default. Fallback support for TLS 1.0 (ie as supported by CROSSBOW v4.3 and earlier) is available via server- and client-side configuration, but it is highly recommended that all customers leave TLS 1.2 enabled. Only customers with certificates which are not compatible with TLS 1.2 (for example root CA certificates using MD5) should use the fallback support.
- SMP auto-login for devices with firmware V7 or above requires recent versions of Internet Explorer: In order to ensure that the auto-login functionality for the SMP devices functions correctly, users will need to ensure that the version of Internet Explorer is compatible. Please see the SMP device documentation for details.
- RUGGEDCOM CROSSBOW now supports auto-login to MiCOM devices. Unfortunately, the 3.2.1 version of the MiCOM S1 Studio with the Data model installed appears to overwrite this auto-login and prompts the user for the device’s credentials. This does not occur as of MiCOM S1 Studio version 3.4.1. Customers should test this functionality in a test environment, and upgrade their version of MiCOM S1 Studio as needed
- RUGGEDCOM CROSSBOW has added support for downloading the CID files from network-based SEL devices. The CID files (as made available by the device) are not in a readable state. SEL has acknowledged that only the SEL Architect application will retrieve the files in the correct format.
- The SAM-L software cannot current be deployed in conjunction with CROSSBOW VPN between the SAM-P and the facility hosting the SAM-L. This will be addressed in a future release.
- Previous versions of the RUGGEDCOM CROSSBOW Station Access Controller (SAC) will require an update in order to work with this release. The ROX SAC for this release is available for the following versions of ROXII:
- ROX 2.9.x
- ROX 2.11.x
- ROX 2.12.x
Note that the ROX SAC on RX1400 is only compatible with ROX2.11 onwards.
Please refer to the RUGGEDCOM CROSSBOW documentation with this release.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry