Industrial Thin Client Firmware V3.1
This version includes the update to firmware V3.1.
The update introduced the option for users to connect to a SINUMERIK. This makes the Thin Client compatible with TCU TOP devices.
The update can be performed in 2 ways:
1. Directly on the Industrial Thin Client using a USB stick
2. From a PC using a web browser
In both cases, the factory settings of the ITC are restored after the update and all other settings are lost during the update.
It is recommended that you back up your ITC configuration before you start the update.
If the power supply or the connection to the device containing the firmware is interrupted during the update process, the device may no longer be functional. Ensure that the power supply to the device and the connection are maintained during the entire update process. Ensure that all applications running on the device are closed. Before you update the firmware, back up the ITC configuration file if needed. Procedure
Installation directly on the device using a USB stick
1. Download the file "update_V3_1_0_0.zip" and unzip it.
2. Transfer the update file "update_v3_1_0_0.upd" to a USB stick
3. Connect this USB stick to one of the two rear USB ports of the ITC
4. Open the "Configuration" menu from the taskbar on the ITC
5. Log on as administrator
6. Under "System", select "Update" in the Device configuration/Firmware version section
7. Select the update file "update_V3_1_0_0.upd" on the USB stick and start the update with "OK".
To determine whether the selected file is suitable for the Industrial Thin Client, the system checks the following conditions:
• The selected file is an update file.
• The selected update file is newer than the version installed on the Thin Client.
• The selected update file is suitable for the Industrial Thin Client at hand.
If all the conditions are met, the selected update file is executed on the device. The progress of the update is displayed on the screen.
After a successful update, the device is rebooted and the setup wizard appears.
Installation through web browser
Open the ITC configuration page with the web browser by entering its IP address in the address line. Then you can proceed as described above.
Third-party software – license conditions and copyright notes
You can find the copyright information for third-party software contained in this product, particularly open source software, as well as applicable license conditions of such third-party software in the Readme_OSS.pdf file.
Special note for resellers
The information and the license terms in the Readme_OSS.pdf file must be passed on to the purchasing party to avoid license infringements by the reseller or purchasing party.
ReadMe_OSS_en_US_19862820.htm (23,3 MB)
You can find the update of the Open Source DVD accompanying the "Industrial Thin Client" products, including the corresponding source code, here:
OpenSourceSoftware_part_1.zip (466.3 MB)
OpenSourceSoftware_part_2.zip (427.8 MB)
OpenSourceSoftware_part_3.zip (294.8 MB)
OpenSourceSoftware_part_4.zip (431.0 MB)
(This software is subject to export restrictions, download for registered users only)
Download of software/firmware
Download ITC Firmware V3.1
ThinClient_V3_1_0_0.zip (211.7 MB)
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry