Door interlocking for distributed industrial control panels according to UL 508A and NFPA 79
Relevant USA standards specify that doors of enclosures shall be interlocked when applied in industrial control panels (UL508A) for industrial machinery (NFPA79). At the same time, enclosures shall be accessible for maintenance and service purposes by qualified personnel. This application solution enables electrical engineers to comply easily with all requirements, while at the same time saving effort and costs.
The application example comprises 3 options:
- Electronic door interlocking with LOGO!
- Electric door interlocking
- Electronic door interlocking with SIMATIC
Circuit diagram, bill of materials and functional sequence Final_V1.0_Enclosure_interlocking_en_0820_UL_Mark.pdf (1,6 MB)
LOGO program: door_interlock_with_LOGO_UL508A_NFPA79.zip (17,6 KB)
SHA-256 checksum: Code_door_interlock_with_LOGO_UL508A_NFPA79.txt (1 KB) *
* Information about SHA-256: 109483101
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry