SIMATIC IPC DiagMonitor V5.1 (Software) now available ( USB and OSD )
Use of the SIMATIC IPC DiagMonitor signaling and diagnostic software permits early detection of possible faults in SIMATIC IPCs. Comprehensive and flexible options for communicating IPC fault messages to operating personnel make it possible to avoid plant shutdowns or reduce downtimes.
New in Version 5.1
Compared to version 5.0 (article 109740915) and the other predecessor versions, the following features are new:
- Delivery of the software now available on USB flash drive
- New purchase option and with a reduced price: Download in Online Software Delivery (OSD) (via Industry Mall)
- Supports IPC647E
- Supports IPC847E
Provision of version 5.1 as support of additional, new hardware is planned.
This article will be updated with more information.
Additionally, packages for the hardware diagnostics are included in the installation under Linux (lm_sensors).
SIMATIC IPC DiagMonitor
- Monitors critical PC states in SIMATIC IPC (hard disk, RAID, CF card, CFast, SSD, fan, temperature, CMOS battery voltage, system status)
- Signals detected errors and freely selectable service intervals
- Communicates this information locally or remotely via SNMP, OPC, LAN, email and text message (phone)
- Acts through adjustable PC restart in case of watchdog alarm and execution of batch programs and executable files
- Logs all events in the Windows EventLog and optionally the measured temperature/fan data in a measured data file
- Supports monitoring of networked SIMATIC Industrial PCs
- Manages BIOS-data, allow BIOS-update (for local use)
The new SIMATIC IPC DiagMonitor is:
- available as an individual product: SIMATIC IPC DiagMonitor: 6ES7648-6CA15-1YX0
- as Online Software Delivery (OSD): SIMATIC IPC DiagMonitor: 6ES7648-6CA85-1YX0
- as a SIMATIC IPC configurator option
One version of SIMATIC IPC DiagMonitor is required for each monitoring PC or for each SIMATIC IPC to be monitored.
Software requirements Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 64-bit
Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7, 32-bit (SIMATIC IPC configuration)
Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7, 64-bit (SIMATIC IPC configuration)
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, 64-bit
Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB, 64-bit
Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB, 64-bit
Microsoft Windows Server 2016
Hardware requirements SIMATIC IPC227D
for SIEMENS products to be monitored SIMATIC IPC277D
CPU 1515SP PC
CPU 1515SP PC2
The operating systems approved for the specific devices apply to all SIMATIC IPCs.