Delivery Release for RUGGEDCOM RX1400 with CloudConnect v1.0
1. Product description
The RUGGEDCOM RX1400 with CloudConnect is a rugged IIoT device to cloud gateway, supporting S7 and Modbus TCP device interfaces, and a standards based MQTT cloud interface compatible with Siemens MindSphere, Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, and other cloud services. The CloudConnect application runs in a self-contained Linux environment within the RUGGEDCOM RX1400 Virtual Processing Engine (VPE).
The solution supports up to 10 end devices with a combined total of 1,000 data points.
2. Order data
|Product name||Order number|
|RX1400 with CloudConnect – factory install||6GK6014-0AM2.-0.A. –z V02|
|RX1400 with CloudConnect – field install||6GK6000-0AV00-0AB0|
The RUGGEDCOM RX1400 with CloudConnect can be ordered either as a factory option on the RX1400, or as a field installable upgrade provided by electronic software download. (Field install will require the end-user to provide an 8GB microSD card)
3. Features and Benefits
The RUGGEDCOM RX1400 with CloudConnect is an all-in-one solution for plug-and-play connectivity to all common cloud solutions e.g. Siemens MindSphere, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and others. This solution provides the combined capabilities of data acquisition, conversion and communication with MindSphere or other cloud solutions. It features web based standalone configuration, optimized data traffic, and trigger management for event driven and cyclic communication.
- Rugged router with integrated Ethernet, fiber optic, cellular, WLAN and serial interfaces
- Cloud connectivity can be setup via redundant paths, for example the primary path can be via a fiber or copper interface, with failover to a cellular LTE link if the primary path fails
- Data point trigger management enables event driven communication to the cloud, reducing network traffic and cloud data transaction costs
- Built-to-order to ensure perfect product fit to your application
- Compact form factor with multiple mounting options
- Proven functionality in the harshest of environments
- All-in-one solution for plug-and-play connectivity to MindSphere and other cloud providers
The user guide is built into the web GUI and is available in English and German. The Getting Started Guide is available here: https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/us/en/view/109763521