Delivery release: Siemens Network Planner – SINETPLAN V2.0
With SINETPLAN, the planned PROFINET network can be displayed transparently and virtually, thus enabling completely new opportunities to optimize the network, enabling planning for the best possible exploitation of network resources and reserves. Problems during commissioning or failures in productive operation can be avoided in this way. This increases production availability and contributes to improving operational safety. SINETPLAN offers the possibility to document the simulation in order to make the acceptance of the plant more transparent.
What's new with SINETPLAN V2.0
- Integration into the digital engineering workflow with data exchange via AutomationML.
- Import and simulation of existing TIA Portal V15.1 projects
- Configuration and simulation of modular switches
- Fast and efficient creation of data flows
- Simulation of broadcast with definition of broadcast limits
- Efficient working with filter functions and grouping for Pcap analysis.
- Calculation and display of additional information such as jitter, update times and line depth
- Expansion of the product catalog with new device descriptions
Highlights of SINETPLAN at a glance
- Transparency by creating a digital twin of the network
- Network optimization via calculation of the network load down to the port level
- Efficient due to import and simulation of available TIA Portal projects
- Validation of compliance with planning requirements.
- Comprehensive reporting function of the planned network design
- Production availability increased via online scan and verification of existing systems
- Windows Traffic Shaper for targeted control of the NRT load feed of Windows-based nodes
Industry 4.0 has been a part of production for some time, at least as far as data is concerned: The complexity of industrial networks is constantly growing because connectivity is required from the sensor all the way to the cloud. The downside: Networks that were not planned correctly can soon reach their limits if the data volume was not already taken into consideration during the planning phase. In the worst case, such bottlenecks in data traffic can result in the failure of nodes and segments so that larger production segments can be affected. One of the main tasks of proactive network planning therefore consists in the correct assessment of the existing network resources in order to make well-founded decisions regarding the next steps.
SINETPLAN supports planners of automation systems and networks based on PROFINET. The tool facilitates professional and proactive dimensioning of the PROFINET installation already during the planning phase; it also supports the optimization of the network and assists in fully exploiting network resources and planning reserves.
Details and background
In PROFINET communication, IO data such as process data and alarms are always transferred in real time (RT) for which the best possible network utilization is already taken into consideration in the engineering (e.g. TIA Portal) to guarantee reliable operation of the plant.
But in addition to these real-time data, large volumes of TCP/IP data are also transferred ever more frequently. These data can include picture data from HMI systems, high-resolution videos from camera systems for quality monitoring, etc.
Even if real-time (RT) communication is given priority or bandwidth is reserved for isochronous real-time (IRT) communication, it still makes sense to think about the entire layout of the network because non-real-time communication is also important for plant operation.
What does SINETPLAN offer?
The Siemens Network Planner supports planners in the planning and design of PROFINET networks, especially when there is a high level non-real-time communication (NRT), such as TCP/IP data, in addition to RT or IRT communication.
The tool calculates and simulates the network utilization in a PROFINET network and shows critical points where the network load is too high. In addition, it simulates the network load of the real-time data (real-time communication) as well as the non-real-time communication caused, for example, by standard Ethernet nodes.
This means you get an overview and transparency of the network utilization of the planned system prior to installation and commissioning. If the Siemens Network Planner points out critical network segments, you can easily change the plans and start the simulation once again.
In this way, you can optimize the planned network, maximize exploitation of network resources, or plan reserves, and thereby avoid problems that might only become apparent during commissioning or even productive operation. This increases production availability, improves operational safety, provides the "One cable for everything" PROFINET benefit.
- Cost reduction from transparency prior to commissioning
- Calculation of worst-case queue occupancy of the ports and the connections
- Efficient due to import and simulation of available TIA Portal / STEP 7 projects
- Maximum utilization of available network resources
- Validation of compliance with planning requirements
- Increased production availability and prevention of downtime due to network failures
- Tool-supported network layout and simulation even during the planning phase
- Transparency of network utilization for PROFINET RT / IRT data as well as NRT traffic (e.g. TCP/IP)
- Reporting function with results from simulation and validation
- Vendor-independent and cross-project simulation
- Analysis of Pcap files to determine traffic generated by NRT network nodes
SINETPLAN V2.0 has been released for use with the following operating systems (64-bit version in each case):
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
- Windows 10 Home Version 1809
- Windows 10 Pro Version 1809
- Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1809
Compatibility with other products
Requirement for import of a TIA Portal project:
- TIA Portal V15.1
- TIA Portal V15
- TIA Portal V14 SP1
- TIA Openness for TIA Portal
Requirement for import of a STEP 7 project:
- STEP 7 Classic as of V5.5 SP4 HF10
The following virus scanners were tested with SINETPLAN V2.0:
- Trend Micro Office Scan Corporate Edition 12.0
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 14
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2017
- Windows Defender
|SINETPLAN V2.0||Order number|
|Trial license, 21 days|| SIOS Download|
|Full version license|
|Floating license download||6ES7 853-0AE01-0YA5|
|Floating license DVD||6ES7 853-0AA01-0YA5|
|Floating license upgrade download||6ES7 853-0AE01-0YE5|
|Floating license upgrade DVD||6ES7 853-0AA01-0YE5|