Rotary encoder – points to note before carrying out replacement
Functionally safe rotary encoder: What points should I note before replacement?
Siemens AG assumes responsibility that the functional safety directives are complied with for the geared motor plus rotary encoder supplied. The safety-related connection elements are sealed before delivery. Also take into account the applicable national and regional legislation, standards and regulations.
Working on the rotary encoder:
Only Siemens service personnel or personnel trained and authorized by Siemens may carry out the work.
Responsibility and liability regarding functional safety and its associated traceability is completely transferred over to the operating company under the following conditions:
● If the operating company damages the seal that was applied by Siemens AG.
● If the operating company carries out work in the area around the seal.
● If the operating company carries out work on the rotary encoder or its mechanical connection.
Offer for customers:
Should a customer nevertheless wish to independently replace an encoder, in the awareness that they then assume liability, they can order an on-line training. Aspects of functional safety will be covered in a Circuit Meeting, along with the steps which must be followed when installing an FSD encoder.
The training can be ordered from delivery center A4051003 using MLFB 2KJ3990-0TR.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry