Release and download for firmware update V3.1 of IE/PB LINK PN IO (6GK1411-5AB10)
1. Product description
With the update the IE/PB LINK PN IO (6GK1411-5AB10) is functionally compatible with the previous version. It can therefore be configured with the same STEP 7 / NCM version. It is not necessary to upgrade STEP 7 or NCM.
Operation of a DP/PA LINK as PROFIBUS DB slave on an IE/PB LINK PN IO
Operation of a DP/FF LINK as PROFIBUS DB slave on an IE/PB LINK PN IO
IE/PB LINK PN IO now supports additional bus adapters. A complete list of all supported bus adapters can be found in the manual 109744280
General improvement of the performance of the IE/PB LINK PN IO, for example
- The startup behavior is considerably faster when a PB DP string is included.
- The F-monitoring time no longer responds if, for example, a module of a slave is updated downstream from the IE/PB LINK PN IO.
- The SNMP objects sysContact, sysName, sysLocation are now saved retentively
- According to the valid definitions for maintenance situations, the MT LED is no longer switched on when the redundancy of the power supply is lost.
- The IE/PB LINK PN IO now reliably displays the correct status of the plugged-in BA module in the online diagnostics.
- Redundant power supply is now correctly co-monitored in the diagnostics buffer.
- If the slaves are deactivated, the correct LED screen (no ER-LED) is now displayed on the IE/PB LINK PN IO.
- IE/PB LINK PN IO in standard mode: Parameter changes (such as overwriting the device name, changing the IP address or reset) are now active immediately, not only after power off/on.
Notice! When replacing modules without PG/PC, the voltage must be switched off/on again after plugging in the C-PLUG when using a brand-new IE/PB LINK.
An upgrade to the new firmware version is generally recommended.
The full range of functions as of FW V3.1 of the IE/PB LINK PN IO is configured with the following configuration tools:
STEP 7 V5.6 + SP1 + HSP 1107 or
STEP 7 Basic / Professional V15.1
In case of device replacement or if the functionality of the predecessor module suffices, configuration and diagnostics can also be performed using earlier STEP 7 versions.
3. Additional information about IE/PB LINK PN IO
Manual for SIMATIC NET IE/PB LINK PN IO ID 109744280
4. License Clearing:
Third-party software – license conditions and copyright information
You can find the copyright information for the third-party software contained in this product, particularly open source software, as well as applicable license conditions of such third-party software in the ReadMe_OSS file.
Special note for resellers
The information and the license conditions in the Readme_OSS file must be passed on to the purchasing party to avoid license infringements by the reseller or purchasing party.
IE_PB_LINK_PN_IO_3_1_180130_ReadMe.html (2.7 MB)
5. Download FW update
The FW update V3.1 for IE/PB LINK PN IO (6GK1411-5AB10) is available for download via this link