Product phase-out and product discontinuation for SIMATIC IPC BIOS Manager and SIMATIC IPC Service USB Flash Drive
With effect from Oct. 1, 2019, the SIMATIC IPC BIOS Manager and the SIMATIC IPC Service USB Flash Drive will be declared phase-out products. Product discontinuation is scheduled for Oct. 1, 2024.
At present, the SIMATIC IPC BIOS Manager has two delivery forms respectively is included in the following products:
- SIMATIC USB Flash Drive, 32 GB, 6AV6881-0AS42-0AA0, [Link to the entry 109759104]
- SIMATIC IPC Service USB Flash Drive, 32 GB, 6ES7648-6XA11-0YA0 [Link to the entry 109758763]
The following changes will come into force as per Oct. 1, 2019:
- As from Oct. 1, 2019, the SIMATIC USB Flash Drive, 32 GB (6AV6881-0AS42-0AA0) will be delivered without SIMATIC IPC BIOS Manager.
- The SIMATIC IPC Service USB Flash Drive, 32 GB (6ES7648-6XA11-0YA0) is only available until Dec. 31, 2019.
The SIMATIC IPC Image & Partition Creator, which is also included on the Service Flash Drive, has already been supplied since April 2019 as a basic product (6ES7648-6AA13-5YA0) on a USB Flash Drive [Link to the entry 109766855]
Thus, a bootable alternative providing the full functional scope of the IPC Image & Partition Creator is available.
- The SIMATIC IPC BIOS Manager will be provided for free download as from October 2019.
- The BIOS Manager only supports hardware products (for example, SIMATIC IPC and SIMATIC Field PG), which have already reached the phase-out phase or which have been discontinued.
- A new product is currently being developed for SIMATIC IPC and SIMATIC Field PG, which allows to make BIOS settings and perform BIOS updates.