Delivery release for SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER V5.3 HF3 and additive SSPs
Important hint according SIMATIC PCS 7 systems:
This STARTER version V5.3 HF3 must not installed at ES-stations of SIMATIC PCS 7 (every released version). Reason: Problem with the ALM version.
Please continue to use the STARTER version V5.1 SP1 HF2 109757244 at this environment.
With this memorandum, STARTER V5.3 HF3 incl. the additive SINAMICS Support Packages (SSP)
- SSP SINAMICS V5.1 HF3
- SSP SINAMICS V5.1 SP1 HF2
- SSP SINAMICS V5.2 HF2
- SSP SINAMICS MV V5.1 SP2
- SSP SINAMICS DCM V1.5
is released for delivery.
SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER V5.3 HF3 is backward compatible to the previous SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER versions and replaces these.
The following drive systems are supported (newly added versions are marked in bold)
Further details on the supported drive systems can be found in the following Excel overview:
Secondary conditions SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER
Secondary conditions according to the secondary condition list 109750851. The links to the list of secondary conditions for SINAMICS FW are in the SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER readme file.
The following new functions are available in the SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER Version V5.3 HF3:
- Expanded cross-device SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER functionality
Support the SINAMICS S120 Robox EtherCAT interface module for CU320-2 at offline project generation; including the support by scripting
Independent Windows program to convert SINAMICS trace files into the CSV format
The Windows program "Convert_SINAMICS_trace_CSV.exe" folder is available under folder .../Unsupported Tools/Trace_Convert_Tool/ with STARTER V5.3 HF3 DVD (or in the Product Support STARTER download). This folder also includes a readme file, which describes how to use this program.
Actual versions of the SSPs for SINAMICS S120, G130, G150, S150 V5.1, V5.1 SP1 and V5.2
SSP SINAMICS MV V5.1 SP2
SSP SINAMICS DCM V1.5
SSP SINUMERIK SINAMICS Int V5.2 (see hint 1))
Information about SINAMICS DCC V3.3 HF1
You can find information about SINAMICS DCC V3.3 HF1 for STARTER V5.3 HF3 under 109762889).
SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER can be operated in the following installation versions:
- STARTER Standalone
- STARTER integrated in STEP 7 V5.x for applications with SIMATIC S7
- STARTER integrated in SIMOTION SCOUT or SIMATIC S7 technology.
Sourcing channels for SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER
- This current STARTER version can be ordered under Article No. 6SL3072-0AA00-0AG0 as DVD – including license certificate .
A license fee of € 31.39 applies when ordering (status: July 2019).
- This current STARTER version (V5.3 HF3 or later) can be downloaded under 26233208.
Anyone who already has any version of the SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER license certificate can download this.
SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER can be used free of charge.
Information on how to install and open existing projects
SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER V5.3 HF3 can only be installed with administrator rights on the PG/PC.
User rights are sufficient to operate SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER (exception: adding additional PG/PC interfaces).
SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER V5.3 HF3 only has one setup for both installation versions ("STARTER Standalone" and "STARTER integrated in STEP 7 V5.x").
- If STEP 7 V5.x is not available, then the standalone version is installed on your computer.
- If STEP 7 V5.x has been installed on your computer, then the integration version will be installed/updated.
A Guided Tour that facilitates familiarization with STARTER is available (see 21110668).
Note on SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER and other engineering software
Simultaneous operation of SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER, SIMOTION SCOUT and SIMATIC S7 technology in a shared partition on one PC/PG is not supported.
SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER and Startdrive V12, V12 SP1, V13, V13 SP1, V14, V15 or V15.1 can be installed in parallel on a shared partition and operated simultaneously. This is also true with SIMOTION SCOUT TIA.
Important note when installing in the SIMATIC PCS 7 environment:
SIMATIC PCS 7 CiR-capability (Configuration in Run) for existing SIMATIC PCS 7 projects with Siemens drives connected to PROFIBUS DP or PROFINET IO
User/project scenario involved
The loss of the CiR capability of a SIMATIC PCS 7 project can occur when carrying out the following software update:
· Installation of this new STARTER Version
Frequently, this installation also updates the SlaveOM (PROFIBUS DP) and DeviceOM (PROFINET IO) software components.
If the existing project configuration is subsequently compiled, then as a result of the version, the internal configuring data is also changed. The generated configuration data can result in the loss of the CiR capability!
Please use function "Station > Check CiR capability", provided in HW Config, to check as to whether the changes can be loaded while the system is operational.
Special notes regarding CiR capability are provided in System Manual "Process control system PCS 7 CPU 410 Process Automation".
This "modified" configuration data must be loaded to the CPU once in the STOP state. The CiR functionality is then available again for additional compilation runs and load operations. If this procedure cannot be applied to your specific system, then please contact Customer Service.
Minimum system requirements
The following minimum requirements must be complied with:
- Programming device or PC with Pentium III min. 1 GHz (> 1 GHz recommended)
- Work memory 2 GB (recommended 4 GB)
- Screen resolution 1024 × 768 pixels, 16-bit color depth
- Free hard disk memory: > 5 GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 or higher
- 64-bit operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 (standard installation)
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, from Version 1709
- Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise, from Version 1709
Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB (OS Build 14393)
Microsoft Windows Server 2016
Notes relating to operating systems:
- 32-bit Window systems are no longer supported.
Supported virtualization platforms
You can install the SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER V5.3 HF3 and SINAMICS DCC V3.3 HF1 software packages on a virtual machine. Use one of the following virtualization platforms:
- VMware vSphere Hypervisor ESX(i) 6.7
- VMware workstation Pro 14.1.x
- VMware Player 14.1.x
Microsoft Server 2016 Hyper-V
You can use the following guest operating systems to install SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER V5.3 HF3 and SINAMICS DCC V3.3 HF1 on the selected virtualization platforms:
- Windows 7 Professional/Ultimate/Enterprise (64-bit)
- Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise (64 bit)
- The same hardware requirements apply to the guest operating system as for SINAMICS MICROMASTER STARTER V5.3 HF3 and SINAMICS DCC V3.3 HF1.
- The system operator must ensure that the guest operating systems have sufficient system resources.
- The use of manufacturer-certified hardware is recommended for the operation of Hypervisor ESX(i).
The STARTER setup can only be performed for "native" Windows versions with Far Eastern languages when an MUI version of Windows 7 is used.
The executability in a software configuration other than the one above has not been tested.
1) Note regarding using STARTER in the SINUMERIK environment:
In a SINUMERIK environment the STARTER commissioning tool can be used for diagnostics and optimization purposes. All work steps performed with the STARTER commissioning tool in a SINUMERIK environment are only designed for use in the online mode. This means there must be an online connection between the STARTER commissioning tool and SINUMERIK in order to use the range of functions offered.
Once an online connection has been established, the trace, function generator, alarm diagnostics, etc. can be used in the STARTER commissioning tool, for example, for diagnostics and optimization purposes.
For basic initial commissioning (standard drive commissioning) and commissioning drive-based Safety Integrated, SINUMERIK Operate or SINUMERIK Commissioning must be used in the SINUMERIK environment.
The STARTER commissioning tool is not designed to provide support for this work. The STARTER commissioning tool cannot be used for offline commissioning in the SINUMERIK environment.
For more detailed information, please contact your local Siemens contact person.