SIMATIC MV500 firmware update version 1.2
Firmware version 1.2 is the successor to the firmware version 1.1. The firmware is part of the SIMATIC MV500 product series.
The modified functions of firmware versions 1.2 relative version 1.1 are:
- Auto-setup: Full program
The use of full program adaptation to programs with specific unusual setting combinations resulted in errors in the display or processing of the adaptation steps.
- Response time of digital triggers
When the DI/DO trigger was used, this resulted in a delay with measurable variation (in the microsecond range) between the application of the trigger signal and the triggering of the image acquisition. The response time of the DI/DO trigger has been significantly increased and stabilized.
- Code type "DotCode"
- The code type "DotCode" now supports the FNC1 format code of GS1 coding.
- Web-based management in Chinese
Access to the camera was only possible from the user interface if the language was set to Chinese.
- Communication > Use > Connection> Save source program
This setting was not included in device backups and could therefore not be restored during loading of a data backup (also in the event of a firmware update).
- Options > Lighting > Flash delay
The parameter "Flash delay" of the internal or external lamp was without function. When restoring data backups of previous firmware versions, this parameter for "other" lamps is therefore set to the value zero.
- Program sequence
During processing of program sequences, with certain operating sequences, it could happen that the user interface no longer responded correctly.
- PROFINET IO trigger debouncing
For triggers via PROFINET IO the set debounce time was not correctly applied. Depending on the setting and trigger interval, this could result in too much or too little trigger being accepted.
Please refer to the RelNotesDE/RelNotesEN.
- Firmware version 1.2 is fully backward compatible with the previous version 1.1.
- The programs of the previous version can be taken over without changes.
Hardware to use the new firmware:
SIMATIC MV540 S
SIMATIC MV540 H
SIMATIC MV550 S
SIMATIC MV550 H
SIMATIC MV560 U
Third-party software – license conditions and copyright information
You can find the copyright information for the third-party software contained in this product, particularly open source software, as well as applicable license conditions of such third-party software in the ReadMe_OSS file.
Special note for resellers
The information and the license conditions in the Readme_OSS file must be passed on to the purchasing party to avoid license infringements by the reseller or purchasing party.Siemens_Third-Party_Software_disclosure_document.html (8.4 MB)
Download of SIMATIC MV500 V1.2.0 firmware:
The download includes:
- MV500 Firmware Version 1.2.0
- GSDML files
- Documentation (operating instructions (compact), operating instructions),
- Siemens Third-Party Software disclosure document.html,
- RelNotesEN and RelNotesDE (please read prior to installation)
Important: The complete documentation for the products SIMATIC MV540, SIMATIC MV550 and SIMATIC MV560 is available in the download.