Entry type: Product note Entry ID: 109772880, Entry date: 11/11/2019
Delivery Release for RUGGEDCOM ROX 2.13.2
RUGGEDCOM ROX-II® version 2.13.2 software is a Generally Available maintenance release of the RUGGEDCOM ROX-II® operating system and is now available for certain RUGGEDCOM Products.
RUGGEDCOM ROX-II® version 2.13.2 software is now available for the RUGGEDCOM products listed below. It can be obtained by requesting support at https://support.industry.siemens.com/my/us/en/requests#createRequest.
- RUGGEDCOM RX1400
- RUGGEDCOM RX1500 family: RX1500, RX1501, RX1510, RX1511, RX1512
- RUGGEDCOM RX5000 family: RX5000, MX5000, MX5000RE
New Features and Enhancements
- Added support for new cellular network registration commands.
- Added support for Siemens branded copper SFPs.
- Fixed an issue where internet connection is lost when RX1400 is rebooted with a Telit LTE modem on the Verizon network.
- Fixed an issue with excessive cellmodem recovery time on RX1400 Telit LTE modem after disabling/enabling cell interface or reboot.
- Fixed an issue on the RX1400 with Telit LTE modem where an incorrect serial port may be selected for AT commands.
Security Fixes and Improvements
Minor Security Improvements
Note on Software Upgrade and Downgrade using ROXFLASH
- Since ROX 2.9, ROXFLASH requires both the flash image file as well as an associated signed GPG file to ensure the integrity of the flash image file. If the GPG file is not present in the same location as the image file, the ROXFLASH process will fail.
Note on Browser Compatibility for WebUI
- For WebUI access issues, see Section 3.1 of the ROX User Guide - Accessing RUGGEDCOM ROX II with Specific Web Browsers
In order to protect technical infrastructures, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art IT security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions constitute one element of such a concept. For more information about cyber security, please visithttps://www.siemens.com/cybersecurity#Ouraspiration.
Personalization saves you typing! If you have already been registered, you can login directly. If you are not registered yet, you can inform and register yourself without obligation here (our service is free of charge).
Number of characters: 0 (max. 500)
Send copy of comment to sender. (login required)
*) Important: Please use this form for general feedback only. All technical and specialist topics should be directed to the expert community in the Technical Forum.